Old 14-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
red
Chat Virgin

Default We need a another artist for our studio

please help !!
im looking for a tattoo artist with at lease 3 years shop experiance,own portfolio,NO drug or achol problemls please To work in a derbyshire based studio if there is anyone out there please call trig on07769515849 thanks
red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

maybe a link to the studio website or artists associated with the studio would be of use to artists interested as at least they know who they are getting involved with.
Old 14-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #3
Chat Slut

'NO drug or achol problems ' ??!!! So fucking lame when people post TOTAL SHIT like that. Obviously there's a huge drug and booze problem in tattooing, more so than in any other occupation.

At least he keeps his promises!
inky_fingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to phatphil Send a message via Yahoo to phatphil

Thats not total shit. yeah maybe with the wanky, wannabe rockstar, crap tattooers! I know i for one wouldnt have anyone with those problems in my shop!!
Old 14-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #5
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatphil
Thats not total shit. yeah maybe with the wanky, wannabe rockstar, crap tattooers! I know i for one wouldnt have anyone with those problems in my shop!!
Well there are millions of institutions Worldwide that wouldn't employ people with those problems, these include: Banks, Supermarkes, Engineering Firms, Schools, Hospitals etc, etc. Do you think they ever print stuff like that in their job ads?.. NO! Do any employees in those industries have drink and drug problems? Yes, of course some do! So why does the tattoo industry make a habbit of adding that as a requirement to job ads? It's stupid and yes it is TOTAL SHIT!

Old 14-05-2007, 01:27 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to phatphil Send a message via Yahoo to phatphil

i said we do have these assholes with problems that want to tattoo, so whats wrong with shops adding that they are not wanted in their adverts? saves a bit of time kicking they out of the shop!
Old 14-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #7
Chat Slut

So then perhaps every employer in evey industry should put the same thing in their ads then? how ridiculous would that be? I just don't think ads like that make the tattoo industry look professional, most employers ask personal questions (or drop hints) at interview.

Old 14-05-2007, 02:01 PM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky_fingerz
So then perhaps every employer in evey industry should put the same thing in their ads then? how ridiculous would that be? I just don't think ads like that make the tattoo industry look professional, most employers ask personal questions (or drop hints) at interview.
Its nothing to do with professional, its to with the fact that as soon as an add goes up and you got every crackhead and his mate ring you trying to string together a sentance telling you how great they are it just becomes bollocks.
Personally its something that i would be open about and state such when looking for people to work for me, if you drink and take drugs but have control of your life well thats one thing but when your living with a pipe in your pocket its another.

I have known people who thought they had a great employee who ended up cleaning the studio out to make some money to buy drugs, or have them go on the missing list for a week because they are on a bender and its you whos left to deal with the mess.

Fuck it, its thats persons right to decide who they want to employ and why shouldnt we be allowed to that statement? It was ok for the police to turn round and say they were only going to hire black and asian people for the job, if its good enough for them to state a prefference then its good enough for the rest of us!
Old 14-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Hi Red.
Where in Derbyshire are you based?... have you got a website?
tat2loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #10
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieE
Its nothing to do with professional, its to with the fact that as soon as an add goes up and you got every crackhead and his mate ring you trying to string together a sentance telling you how great they are it just becomes bollocks.
Personally its something that i would be open about and state such when looking for people to work for me, if you drink and take drugs but have control of your life well thats one thing but when your living with a pipe in your pocket its another.

I have known people who thought they had a great employee who ended up cleaning the studio out to make some money to buy drugs, or have them go on the missing list for a week because they are on a bender and its you whos left to deal with the mess.

Fuck it, its thats persons right to decide who they want to employ and why shouldnt we be allowed to that statement? It was ok for the police to turn round and say they were only going to hire black and asian people for the job, if its good enough for them to state a prefference then its good enough for the rest of us!

It's EVERYTHING about being professional. So obviously a Crackhead is going to read an add like that and think 'oh I won't apply then'! Jesus wept.

It's best to state the qualities you DO want.