Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Apprenticeships/Advice/New to Tattooing...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #11
Chat Virgin

Default confusing offer???

hi this is gonna sound really stupid, but i have been looking for a PIERCING apprenticeship for a while had no luck but have been offered a TATTOOING apprenticeship??? is it just me or are the 2 nothing alike? imo you have to be very arty and have to be able to hold the gun whilst it is switched on (which i cannot do) so why would they offer this?
gothic fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #12
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to steveconygre

If they're offering a tattooing apprenticeship to someone who doesn't think they can draw that well then run, run like hell
steveconygre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #13
Queen of F***ing Everything

Send a message via MSN to MonkeyChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothic fairy View Post
imo you have to be very arty and have to be able to hold the gun whilst it is switched on (which i cannot do) so why would they offer this?
maybe they like the idea of having an unpaid skivvy to boss around

Muffins are for people too scared to order cake for breakfast

It's OK to have fun
MonkeyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #14
Jedi Chat Master

Indeed you do need a certain artistic flair, if it's not your field I fear you might struggle somewhat. if you cant put a decent picture on paper then you will never do it on skin .. a strange offer indeed ...
buelligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:47 PM   #15
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to squidgystar

i agree with everyone else wholeheartedly... which studio is it?
If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning isÖ For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com
squidgystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #16
Banned

Send a message via MSN to rockabillyhun

My womens intuition tells me Gothic has a fantastic rack
rockabillyhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:44 PM   #17
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyChick View Post
maybe they like the idea of having an unpaid skivvy to boss around
yes this was my thought too

any ideas on how i can learn to pierce other than on my boyfriend, lol,?
i keep thinking to myself is it to late to start a new trade?
but i am sick of being turned down for jobs because of the way i look and dont want to get stuck in a job that i will get bored of within a week, i have been brought up around tattoos and piercings all my life and this is something i really want to do, but have been told doing a course through the internet is not going to get me anywhere, so ideas would be very helpful at this moment in time?
Old 06-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #18
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabillyhun View Post
My womens intuition tells me Gothic has a fantastic rack
not really having 5 kids does nothing for your figure, lol
Old 08-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #19
Chat Virgin

Default Weird Attitude

I called a few shops around where I live, just asking for advice.

I've never really encountered such negativity before. It's like every tattooist feels threathened at the idea of 'new blood'. There's a lot of it in this forum too.

I appreciate that there must be a hundred million kids who haven't thought things through properly, but I'm 34 years old ffs! Why would I be messing about and not thinking things through properly.

I absolutely understand the dedication and hard work required but god I get fed up of the 'I'm the only tattooist in the universe who's any good' attitude that I'm faced with every time I just ask for advice.

No, I don't want to buy shit equipment - but I don't know the best stuff to get started with, Yes - I've been drawing for 18 years - I know how to draw. Yes I know there is a world of difference between drawing on paper, and someone's anatomy. Yes I know there's a lot of work involved in setting up your station properly and building a good reputation. I'm not 6!!!

Please if you're an established artist, don't treat everyone with the negative disdain that I've seen so often. Give someone a break from time to time. I hate it when people crush others dreams without even giving them a chance.

Please think on, you could be the difference between someone making something of themselves, or winding up with no future.
ton_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #20
Banned

To be fair, Ďcalling a few shops in your areaí and then getting pissed off and negged out doesnít display a huge amount of dedication on your part.

Sometimes getting an apprenticeship means giving up everything you have, moving across the country.... or even the world.

Itís not too different from a lot of other industries, really. Nobody owes you an apprenticeship, and not everyone is in the position to be able to drop everything and move for it. The same could be said of jobs on oil rigs, fantastic business opportunities in Dubai, even a promotion you get offered at another office in a different town....

If You havenít tried hard enough and/or arenít in the position to take a position you get offered, itís a shame, but itís not anyone elseís fault. Itís just life.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote