Old 29-05-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Tattoo Jam

Does anyone know if apprentices can attend the Friday of Tattoo Jam? I have emailed skin deep twice and they haven't got back to me, but I need to know whether to book the hotel for the friday night.

Do we need health authority certificates to prove we are apprentices or is it just a case of 'no apprentices allowed'? Because I think anyone pursuing tattooing could really benefit from the lectures available.
feefle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
Bring on the Trumpets!!

if you are registerd by your local EHO you can attend is my understanding.

but it will need to be your registration not the shops.

also just want to get something clear here. registration by your local eho(not just yours everyones) with regards to tattooing.

as far as i have been made aware by my eho they wont register an apprentice. reason being was given as. they can't charge for a tattoo so why would they need to be registered.

i found this very odd but also i understand there side of the story.
so all the time they aint charging they come under my shop registration.

so if thats the case, i dont think an apprentice should be allowed to attend the seminars without there mentor present. just incase someone is saying they are someone else. but its not my show so this is just my thoughts on it.
vogelrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #3
Magazine Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefle View Post
Does anyone know if apprentices can attend the Friday of Tattoo Jam? I have emailed skin deep twice and they haven't got back to me, but I need to know whether to book the hotel for the friday night.

Do we need health authority certificates to prove we are apprentices or is it just a case of 'no apprentices allowed'? Because I think anyone pursuing tattooing could really benefit from the lectures available.
Apprentices can only come on the Friday if they are accompanied by their tattooist I'm afraid.
I agree the seminars would be good for the newbies but we need proper proof that you are an apprentice e.i. come along with a registered artist with the health cert from the studio.
Hope this helps.
Old 30-05-2008, 04:13 PM   #4
Chat Virgin

That's great, I'll have my certificate by then anyway it turns out, I was just making sure! We both get a plus one aswell, right? Thanks for your help!
feefle is offline   Reply With Quote