Old 03-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Apprenticeship interview advice

Hey

I have an interview for an apprenticeship coming up soon, so excited!

However I was just wondering, what should I bring to the table? Like what advice would you give me for an interview? Any tips would be great been trying for a long time now.

I have read the apprenticeship FAQ sticky before posting this.

Thanks
koikirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
M
We Are Not Worthy

The most important thing is that you have a stunning portfolio! I spent a lot of time putting my artwork on a black background in an a3 portfolio case. I had around 10 original drawings and 10 photos of drawings I've sold.. I made sure to ONLY bring my best work. And I put the two best drawings in front and one in the back..

The interview itself differs a lot, so I'll say that you should just prepare yourself for some of the questions they might ask, like "why do you want to be a tattoo artist", "who's your favorite tattoo artist" etc.. They may not ask the questions you've prepared, but I'm sure it will also help making you a bit less nervous.
Oh, and also do a bit of research in the shop you're having your interview at..

Can't really give any more advice.. My interview sucked - I was SO nervous, couldn't answer half the questions they asked me and so on, BUT my portfolio was strong and in the end they decided to give me a chance because of that

Last edited by M; 03-02-2013 at 10:15 AM.
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
Chat Virgin

That's such awesome advice thank you very much! They said they will do a pressured drawing test, any clues as to what that may be?
koikirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
M
We Are Not Worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by koikirai View Post
That's such awesome advice thank you very much! They said they will do a pressured drawing test, any clues as to what that may be?
No, but probably them giving you a specific thing to draw within a certain time given Luckily I didn't have a test like that
M is offline   Reply With Quote