Old 16-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Good Starter Machine Recommendation??

Hey guys & gals.

I'll be short and sweet. I'm interested in getting my first tattoo machine and please hear me out before passing judgement.

I don't have an apprenticeship yet and still have a lot to learn about (tattooing and equipment wise), so wouldn't be tattooing myself or anyone else! No, I want one for the purpose of learning about how a machine is put together, how it works and the difference between types. Taking it/them apart and putting it/them back together again.

I'm looking for advice on non-expensive, good quality machines to play with. I hear they have cheap machines on amazon but hear it's a complete no-go with professional tattooer's, so you see I need advice! It would be nice to get a machine I could use in my apprenticeship later on down the line, and have not completely wasted my money.

Links are more than welcome
No_I_Deer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
Chat Virgin

pencil crayons are your best bet until you got a apprenticeship. If your not prepared to build a strong portfolio then got no business with a machine, if your not getting trained again you got no need for a machine. All your do is learn bad habits while messing people up
matttat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 07:55 PM   #3
Chat Slut

Agree with Matttat. No harm in studying a machine and its parts in books and the net though. I'm guessing if you're interested in tattooing you've already done this though? Good luck

Http://DuncanHendersonArt.bigcartel.com
Dunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2015, 03:35 PM   #4
Chat Virgin

I get what you're saying. I understand it can be quite infuriating when scratchers give respectable tattoo artists a bad name. I'm not about that , like I said I'm going down the apprenticeship route (if when the time comes and I'm worth anything, someone will take me in) (hopefully) so until that happens, I'm still very much working on my portfolio.

I just felt like it was a good step to educate myself and satisfy my curiosity! I mean I've heard of people using the machine attached to a pen or pencil to prepare them for the weight and such. Still. I guess it couldn't hurt to look at a breakdown online (good shout)...that hadn't even crossed my mind!

Thanks
No_I_Deer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #5
Chat Slut

Trust me. The best thing you can do if you want to get into tattooing is to make your portfolio incredible. Everything else will come once you have an apprenticeship.

Http://DuncanHendersonArt.bigcartel.com
Dunc is offline   Reply With Quote