Old 28-07-2017, 12:15 AM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default HELP Former Apprentice Needing Advice

Hi there, I used to work in a tattoo studio where I was an apprentice for about 4 years, I'm knowledgeable etc and have tattooed before under guidance. Hoooowever, I had someone lay into me over not being able to make an appointment for a tattoo because of relationship issues (not minor, led to a breakup after 6 years, me moving area etc so was to be taken seriously) and due to having a child my sitter messed me about so the person got really nasty and started saying all sorts of shit to me about being totally crap at tattooing etc which I don't believe, but it really threw any confidence I had. Fast forward to the present and I have absolutely no idea how to return to the industry. I'm fed up of my mediocre job and want to return to doing something I lived for, my question is, how on earth do i do it? I can't be hired as a professional because I was only just starting a portfolio and client base etc so don't exactly have proof of my old work (my old studio also kept a bunch of my stuff and equipment which really pissed me off, more punishment for my life breaking down I suppose) .. but I've already got 4 years under my belt so don't exactly want to be hired as just an apprentice again. HELP!!
SnugglyCactus is offline   Reply With Quote