Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Apprenticeships/Advice/New to Tattooing...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2017, 04:18 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Arrow Study Abroad Seeking Apprenticeship Continuation for Semester

Hello, my name is Melanie Anderson. I've been apprenticing at Evolver Tattoo Arts in Pittsburgh, PA, for almost a year now, tattooing for 10 of those months. I'm studying abroad at UAL: Chelsea College of Arts, and hoping that I'm able to continue my apprenticeship during that time period (Sept 30- Dec 1). I am entering my 4th year of University and my home school is Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA, where I study visual arts and Japanese.
I specialize in black line work and illustration style, working mostly with T3R and 5BR needles, although I have also gone out of that zone and done heavy color work and larger needle groupings (9R, 14R, and 7FS). My portfolio can be viewed @mel_arky on Instagram, by searching #melandersonart on Instagram, or I can email photos on request.
I am trained in tattoo hygiene and blood-borne pathogen certified in Pennsylvania, I can email the certificate on request. I have my own machine, power supply, cord, and foot pedal, currently I mostly run a Fallen Kings Irons Spektra Halo 2 Crossover and I use a Critical Power Supply. I am very willing to do typical apprentice duties, as well as tattooing.
While I know this is a short period, I couldn't allow myself to not attempt to work in London as many amazing artists are currently tattooing there. I will be living near Kings Cross, so anywhere in SoHo would be ideal.
Please PM me if you or a shop you know would be willing to take me on, thanks!
melanieanderson is offline   Reply With Quote