Old 07-12-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Portfolio Advice

Hey guys!

Of course I'm one of those people seeking a tattoo apprenticeship.

So now I'm just starting to ask for feedback on my drawings. Every feedback will help me and is highly appreciated!

I draw with a permanent marker and I don't have any tools for measuring, so everything is done free hand.

Here are some examples. Feel free to check out my uploaded album as well.

Cheers,
Jacky

Raffinadekristall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:45 AM   #2
Mumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffinadekristall View Post
Hey guys!

Of course I'm one of those people seeking a tattoo apprenticeship.

So now I'm just starting to ask for feedback on my drawings. Every feedback will help me and is highly appreciated!

I draw with a permanent marker and I don't have any tools for measuring, so everything is done free hand.

Here are some examples. Feel free to check out my uploaded album as well.

Cheers,
Jacky

I mean the following feedback in a constructive but nice way, im not trying to put you down

1. Your current drawings show that you have some solid line work (which is good to have)
2. none of your pieces show that you can understand value, edges, colour theory, composition, more complex proportion (ie a face) etc, without sounding mean, your drawings are kind of too simple
3. You have no real variety in the work you have uploaded, it is different subject matter but it all feels the same

What I would do if I was you

1. You need more than that medium in your portfolio, I would say have graphite drawings and either oil/watercolour/acrylic stuff or charcoal drawings
2. you need a mix of styles, so a few of realism, neotrad, japenese, blackwork, etc and have both colour and black and grey pieces in your portfolio
3. have a mix of subject matter - so human faces, animals, flowers, etc

Basically you need to show you're a diverse artist,

You want roughly 20 - 25 pieces in your portfolio
thatmathsguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:53 AM   #3
Chat Virgin

No worries about putting me down, thats a super solid and helpful feedback. Thank you!
Raffinadekristall is offline   Reply With Quote