Old 11-01-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Looking for Apprenticeship LONDON (South/East)

I am looking for an apprenticeship in South/South East/ East areas of London but am willing to travel further for the best teaching I can get!

I have a degree in Illustration and a long history of art making and am very dedicated to my craft. It is my dream to transfer my work into the tattoo medium as it has been an art form I have respected since a very young age.

My entire portfolio can be seen here:
https://www.babysnake.co.uk/

babysnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:28 PM   #2
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysnake View Post
I am looking for an apprenticeship in South/South East/ East areas of London but am willing to travel further for the best teaching I can get!

I have a degree in Illustration and a long history of art making and am very dedicated to my craft. It is my dream to transfer my work into the tattoo medium as it has been an art form I have respected since a very young age.

My entire portfolio can be seen here:
https://www.babysnake.co.uk/

I'm not sure if its the style (I dont think it is) but I cant say that I think any of your pieces are done massively well, it seems like you tried to branch into a style too early and dont have a handle on the fundamentals of drawing and rendering

My critque

1. Line weight isnt used much and where it is, is used poorly
2. Your line drawings are very sketchy, nothing smooth and consistent about them, they're just wobbly and seem random (the hand on your website for example)
3. Your use of light and shadow doesnt seem to be right, areas of shadow where it should be lighter, also you dont really seem to have planned your values before adding colour

You probably dont want to hear it but I would go back and try and learn the fundamentals of drawing/rendering as it doesnt seem like you have too much of an understanding of them

1. Work on breaking things into shapes and then refining them, making sure when adding your final line work you focus on getting smooth consistent lines and play with line weight

2. once you have a handle on this re look at light and shadow (the book 'how to render' by scott robertson is good), then do lots of value studies etc

3. then once you are more confident with values, move into colour but this is the least important thing for you right now
thatmathsguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote