Old 24-01-2018, 06:25 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Am I doing this right??

I've been tattooing an a realatively new studio for around 5 months now. But I'm worried not good enough. My apprenticeship is quite strange, my boss pays me well. I get a 40% cut of what I tattoo. But it feels like it's not an apprenticeship... I do alot of the tattoos there as our other artist was quite unreliable, addiction, owing people money, ect... so he was let go.

Now my boss is teaching me but I find that I'm teaching myself more than anything as I'm left to do stuff on my own.... He'll critique me and help me when needed though.

I shadowed my boss and the old artist at the start and learnt alot, but I am definitely doing most of the tattoos that come in, mostly walk ins. For some reason it doesn't feel right as it's all happened so fast ..

I'm just wondering if I'm at the right level to be doing this work and if anyone's had the same sort of experience when they started out. I'll post some of my most recent tattoos below.

P.s this is my first post on here and I'm not sure how to use this so bear with me
Attached Thumbnails
Am I doing this right??-airbrush_20180119174029.jpg   Am I doing this right??-img-20180123-wa0013.jpg   Am I doing this right??-img-20180105-wa0005.jpg   Am I doing this right??-received_1478729332236547.jpeg   Am I doing this right??-received_1761877267180030.jpeg  

Orochimoomoo is offline   Reply With Quote