Old 23-02-2018, 07:22 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Post Artist looking for apprenticeship

Hello, I'm posting this ad as I have been thinking about pursuing this path as a career for a very long time, and I'm not too sure where to start. I am happy to go into places to show my work but I'm also conscious that artists and shops are busy and I wouldn't want to be presumptuous in thinking anyone would want to talk to me if I just turn up.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by High_Preecetess; 27-02-2018 at 03:15 PM.
High_Preecetess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 12:38 AM   #2
Rambler

Iím gonna say what I said on another thread just now.
Go in. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that. The absolute worst thing that could happen to you is that they tell you to piss off, and that stings a lot less after youíve heard it a few times.
Also get that Instagram full of designs youíve drawn. If you have stacks of stuff youíve drawn in your own time without anyone having to tell you to do it and youíre proud of it, show them off. If you arenít proud of them, why do you want to tattoo them on people?
Good luck, hope it works out for you
DanMolloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 03:09 PM   #3
Chat Virgin

Thanks Dan, I appreciate your advice. I think I know the next step is going in to a place, it's just terrifying! I'm going to do it though, like you said, the worst thing they can say is no.

Last edited by High_Preecetess; 27-02-2018 at 03:15 PM.
High_Preecetess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 03:28 PM   #4
Rambler

Yeah I know itís scary as fuck. Itís like the more it means to you the harder it is too right, cause you want it to go well that much more. Just gotta accept that it wonít always go well, and go do it anyway.
Like we say in the shop ďstop talking about it and start being about itĒ
DanMolloy is offline   Reply With Quote