Old 29-06-2004, 09:54 PM   #11
Chatter Box

hey vogel how you getting on with that staffie adoption thingy?
cant remember exactlly what it was about but ?
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 11:20 PM   #12
Bring on the Trumpets!!

yer it has worked well we have managed to rehome 5 staffies so far, but have had to hold back abit as we have had 2 litters, the last pup from the first litter went on thursday and today our other bitch had 5 pups.
so we have had to hold back on the rehoming but even so we still took 2 in to rehome, cant help but try to give a staffie a better life.

just cant get enough of them lol, so at the moment we have 3 bitches 1 dog and 5 puppies. and a african grey for good measures that swears like a trooper. and barks like the dogs, and when its in a good mood it will make a farting sound and go phew. funny as hell
vogelrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 11:22 PM   #13
Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Podge

Congrats on the new addition Inkylady. Mrs Podge's friend used to have one and now seeing your picture I think Mrs. P. would like one. Sorry to hear your news Sly, hope doggy gets better soon.
Old 30-06-2004, 12:24 AM   #14
Chatter Box

what with all those little mouths to feed and the apprentiship starting your one busy dude

good luck

anyone need a staff?
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2004, 08:11 AM   #15
It Works!

Send a message via MSN to inkylady

Poor puppy ! I hope all goes well at the vets ! our dog had a simalar op last year due to an infection , and she was right as rain in a couple of days I do hope you are as lucky !
inkylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2004, 02:44 PM   #16
sly
Diva

she had to stay overnight at the vets as she was poorly. However she's now home, a bit wobbly but wagging her tail nonetheless. She had an ovarian cyst and they have sent biopsies of uterus, ovaries and cervix off, so wont know results for 7 to 10 days. Fingers crossed it has been sorted by spaying her and not the big C. Will let you know. I tell you something though, I'm so glad we've insured our pets, bloomin expensive do when they're ill. Means you can do the best for them, and you just pay a 50 excess for each treatment.
Talking of parrots we also have an Amazon orange wing, a right stroppy little bugger, hates me for no discernible reason.
sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2004, 03:33 PM   #17
It Works!

Send a message via MSN to inkylady

Glad to hear your puppy is home ! Fingers crossed for good results to the tests ! Mr inky had to have one too so now we have 2 !
inkylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:07 AM   #18
Rock Star

Nice wee snake Inklady, excellent pets & a joy to own... (I've got a couple of boas, a 9ft 2year old female, and a 5ft 1year old male) I'll post some pics (If I can get someone to take some)
Holey Piercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 11:13 PM   #19
We Are Not Worthy

Good luck with the dog Sly, it's the worst feeling waiting for news like that. One of my beloved kitties was sick over Xmas with a lump the size of my fist...he had the biopsy, antibiotics, the cone collar, everything...so sad. But the lump turned out just to be a bad cyst, so it was well worth getting him checked - within days of having his stitches out he was up and mewing like a trooper, and is now the same silly arse he's always been. Keep us posted...it's not always all bad.
May Kasahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 02:39 PM   #20
sly
Diva

Smile

already, the vet has just rung. Zelda hasnt got cancer just had abnormal hormones and stuff due to the ovarian cyst which caused her reproductive organs to swell up. Should make a full recovery now they've been removed. She's back to being a pain in the arse already, but what a relief.
sly is offline   Reply With Quote