Old 25-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
Magazine Editor

Default E4 Tattoo show proposal

Morning all, Just got this email and have had a chat with Anwar, He seems like a nice guy and the show sounds quite genuine so if you fancy fame and fortune then give him a call.
Here's the details...
I am contacting you from Two Four one of the top independent TV companies in England. We are developing a Tattoo Studio show for E4 it’s youth orientated and will focus on the culture of Body Art. We are currently looking for up and coming presenters to host the show. Would you be able to recommend any models under 30 yrs that have featured in your magazines as possible candidates.

Screen tests and auditions are set to take place next Thursday and Friday, so if they could send me a picture and contact me that would be brilliant. I have also included a brief outline of the proposed programmed as I know that they’re have been tattoo programmes that have mis-represented they’re subjects or presented the culture in a narrow and sensationalist way. We would like to show how rich and diverse the culture by using presenters that are authentic.

We are currently in development for a new series about tattoos for E4. The idea is to use the peg of tattoos to create an entertainment show that is part chat show, music event, and investigation into the world of self expression. Top Gear does it with cars, the F Word does it with food, we’re doing it with tattoos. Even if we don’t have a tattoo, we all know someone with one, and we’re hoping that we can use as a springboard into the interests and world of young people from fashion, image, music and celebrity.

The backbone of the show will see three people getting the tattoo they’ve always wanted from an internationally recognized tattooist, but we’ll also have presenters out and about finding out about techniques around the world, meeting budding tattoo artists who are about to give their first tattoo to someone or finding out the story behind why someone decided to get an extraordinary tattoo. In the studio we’ll be meeting heavily tattooed celebrities, from Frank Carter of the Gallows to Mutya Buena and finding out what inspired their tattoos, what their next piece might be and whose ink they covet, and of course there will be live music that reflects a diverse range of artists.

Of course at this stage the format is very much open, and we’re hoping that the next few weeks will see more items, format points and entertainment elements added as we learn more about the world of tattooing, what people want to see and what interests them.

In terms of presenters we’re looking to cast a group of 3 studio presenters. These could either people who love the world of tattooing and are tattooed heavily, or feel comfortable taking us through that world – so someone who is young, funky and interested in other people and their lives.

Anwar Boulifa
Researcher
Two Four
Anwar.Boulifa@twofour.co.uk

www.tattoojam.co.uk
Old 25-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
Banned

any idea who the tattooist is?
saturns_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to ShadesOfRed

This one actually sounds like it could be quite interesting.
Old 25-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
Magazine Editor

Not too sure. They do sound very genuine and I hope they focus on the responsible issues of tattooing.
Old 25-04-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
Live Action Auteur

I fear it might be a little bit too much about the fashion, what with celebrity interviews and such... I'm sure it would increase shop foot fall though.
PaulaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
Banned

Send a message via MSN to rockabillyhun

Aww under 30's only!
If i had any redeeming personality traits i would go for it! haha
rockabillyhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #7
Magazine Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabillyhun
Aww under 30's only!
If i had any redeeming personality traits i would go for it! haha
Me too, I was told to 'sod off baldy old bloke!'

Only joking...
Old 25-04-2008, 10:35 AM   #8
Banned

id do it just to meet alexa chung
saturns_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #9
Chat Slut

Looks good! Might be worth a go!
Old 25-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #10
Banned

Send a message via MSN to rockabillyhun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Me too, I was told to 'sod off baldy old bloke!'

Only joking...
haha Grandad! Im still under 30 but thats where the latter kicks in!
rockabillyhun is offline   Reply With Quote