inkcastle bebo

inkcastle website

myspace inkcastle
PERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 09:44 AM   #52
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink Minx View Post
Sorry I think that I may have phrased that wrong. I dont mean no better artists in the UK at that style. As I could think of numerous tattooists UK and otherwise who are better than him. I just mean that I particularly like his style on somethings that I have not seen done in a similar way by other artists, hence I have found it very hard trying to find another artist who can do a tiger in the style I want.

I never really feel compelled to write on here that often but at the moment I feel it is necessary. I find some of this 'Chris Garver's style' rubbish ...well rubbish. I am not saying that he is a rubbish tattooist, hell no, not by a long shot. But I feel we are forgetting that there are artists in this country and further afield in Europe who can offer a similar or even better style of tiger/jap work.
Arenít we forgetting that we have an amazing artist working out of Middleton at the moment in the form of Jin? Jin's work even though not the same 'style' as CG her tigers and animal work is second to none. Also, and this is my personal opinion, that if I ever intended in getting any form of jap or animal work done, it would be jin, hands down every time.(and Iíd like to point out that this isnít just my opinion)

As for the Miami ink bollocks, I aint saying I condone what programmes like that promote-scratchers/rock stars etc, but I do understand that each and everyone of those artists has a background and a certain 'style', and in some way paid their dues to get where they are now. But yet, I always get the feeling that in the '(insert place name here) ink' series the artists who work on the shows aren't necessarily the 'first' choice. There is a wealth of talent in the USA that outshines the work laid down on Miami/La/Iowa (?) ink tenfold. Joshua Carlton, for example made me sit up and look at the world of tattooing in a very different light, very much in the same way as Bez and Myth. (i know they have similar styles but i aint awake yet and me brain isn't pulling names straight to mind, as many of you know i am useless with names and faces!!!!). Sorry to digress, the point im trying to make is, donít just champion someone because you like their style or the fact you have seen them on TV (sorry had to be said) get ya research boots on and start some internet trawling. There is a wealth of talent out there in the US, Europe as well as good old Blighty, itís just a case of un-tapping it and finding the right person.

It's my theory that these types of programme, if they had
'better' artists would work and promote the initial intention of what the producers wanted. Having said this, I feel this is not the case with London Ink. I don't know if I am being patriotic or not, but I feel that the talent on London Ink surpasses that of what is shown on the American shows. Ok, we cant get away from the rockstar lifestyle that the shows promote, but I feel that Louis Malloy, Dan Gold, Phil Kyle and Nikole Lowe have in a way fulfilled what Miami and LA ink failed to do in terms of education. Obviously this comes from a point of view of not really having the time to watch all the episodes like a dedicated tattoo lover but hell, to be blunt, I have better things to do!!!
Here Ended the Lesson
Old 17-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #53
Jedi Chat Master

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERT View Post
in a word...........CRAP.......!
see my ammendments.
brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #54
Chat Slut

Jon Nott is up there with some of the best uk artists and has done some stunning tiger work.
Deano_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #55
Jedi Chat Master

Well here is my view

This studio has pulled off a real coo by getting the Miami Ink boys over here, I personally dont watch Miami Ink anymore all the amercians and there memoral tattoos do my nut in.
As for C.G`s work its good, but like a lot of people have said already there is better.

When the Miami Ink crew visit these shores they should go visit the London Ink crew, imagine all those egos in one room, now that would make good T.V.

The comments on this thread sound like sour grapes to me.
Old 17-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Chaos View Post

who's comments?
saturns_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 07:47 PM   #57
Mumbler

well i emailed them asking if i could get a slot with garver......i was told to email a pic of what i want. I told them i wanted something custom not a copy of something else!
They still said to find a picture on the internet of what i wanted first and they would choose if they wanted to do it...hhhhmmmm........
lost? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #58
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Well here is my view

This studio has pulled off a real coo by getting the Miami Ink boys over here, I personally dont watch Miami Ink anymore all the amercians and there memoral tattoos do my nut in.
As for C.G`s work its good, but like a lot of people have said already there is better.

When the Miami Ink crew visit these shores they should go visit the London Ink crew, imagine all those egos in one room, now that would make good T.V.

sour grapes about over hyped american tattooists being paid far to fucking much for their mediocre skills?

and i thought theyd have done the london /miami crossover by now..

then again, lou molloy can knock fuck out of any of em ink wise in miami so itd be a bit onesided..

edit:

actually itd be canny funny-

punter: yeah so this tattoo symbolises my eternal struggle with my period pains..

molloy-........

punter: i hope to empower myself with it and somehow break through and reach my inner self..

molloy: ~sigh~

punter: and its a tribute to the long lost whatawankaa people of indiginus israel..

molloy:...fucks sake..~shakes head~

Last edited by Give_Me_Fire_Shorts; 17-06-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Give_Me_Fire_Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #59
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to Spikie Pixie Send a message via Yahoo to Spikie Pixie

Quote:

I don't think anyone really cares that they're going to that particular shop, I think it's more a case that people (me included) are confused as to why they've chosen to work from a shop which produces such poor quality work. It might not dent the superstars reps but it will draw attention to how bad the residents work is.

They were probably very limited to where they could work from given the space they'd need and the upheaval caused by filming etc as BB said and the majority of shops are probably far too busy and booked up to have them. I would have thought they'd have vetted the standards of possible studios first then narrow it down.

Last edited by Spikie Pixie; 17-06-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Spikie Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #60
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via AIM to maryjane

i think the standard of work at love hate isnt a million miles away from some of the stuff that they have put out on Miami Ink.
maryjane is offline   Reply With Quote