Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum

Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   London Tattoo Convention 08 (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/chit-chat/13497-london-tattoo-convention-08-a)

easy 18-07-2008 09:13 AM

London Tattoo Convention 08

Missed it last year and was gutted, first one ive missed (only been a few i know;)) Looking forward to it and should be getting my chest & arm sleeve finished or maybe a cheeky piece from Shige if i can wangle a sitting ;)

So how many people from here are going? anyone having any work done?:D

Chuck Norris 18-07-2008 09:18 AM

I might be wrong, but I'm fairly sure Shige is booked up 2 or 3 years in advance even for convention appointments.

We can't go this year, which I'm gutted about cos I wanted Marcus Kuhn to do my other hand this time around. Damned wedding costing too much money!

J_R 18-07-2008 09:37 AM

'Wangling' at the London Convention is a nightmare; most of the top artists are fully booked, and everyone will have the same idea as you.

I'm being tattooed by Thomas Hooper there, this year.

Chuck Norris 18-07-2008 09:41 AM

Some of the artists do have a first come first served system, but even still you have to be there as it opens on the first day and go straight to their booth so sort your appointment out, cos the big names working on this basis will be booked up for the whole weekend really soon after it opens.

J_R 18-07-2008 09:49 AM

Yeah

And you've gotta bare in mind that there's a ton of non-payers inside already, who want to get tattooed

Scupper 18-07-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_R (Post 505045)
'Wangling' at the London Convention is a nightmare; most of the top artists are fully booked, and everyone will have the same idea as you.

I'm being tattooed by Thomas Hooper there, this year.

You jammy sausage!
I waited outside from 7am to be the first in line with Joe C, cold and horrible but so worth it.
Just booked up in advance this year.

J_R 18-07-2008 09:52 AM

I've actually had time with him the previous two years too. Should finish my sleeve this time though, which is nice :)

rob1968 18-07-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_R (Post 505054)
I've actually had time with him the previous two years too. Should finish my sleeve this time though, which is nice :)

Does this mean we can come and poke fun at you when your in pain ??????? :p

Scupper 18-07-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_R (Post 505054)

Yeah, a little nice ;)

J_R 18-07-2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob1968 (Post 505055)
Does this mean we can come and poke fun at you when your in pain ??????? :p

I'm tempted not to introduce myself to anyone until AFTER I get tattooed. He's doing the inside of my upper arm, and I'm going to be in agony. I don't do pain very well lol