Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #11
Chat Slut

Hi Lee. if only i'd had this letter last year. i've now got a ccj and to be fair its benefitted me as its stopped me spending what i dont have. i've got my monthly debt payments down from £1650pm to £125pm. if anyones else is having problems with mounting debt, try talking to these guys, CCCS (consumer credit counsil services) tel 08452725400. they really sort shit out! debt can hit anyone of us.................dont let the bastards have it all their own way i was paying barcalays min payment of £170pm, and this was only clearing £9pm. they are greedy bastards. my advice, cut up your cards!
kustomking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #12
Jedi Chat Master

Lee, couldn't agree more. I'm trying to remortgage at the moment, or move or something as my fixed rate is ending and the everyday rate is 9.something%. I missed some payments on a loan a few years ago because tax credits miskeyed my income and screwed up - i barely had enough money for food/living, let alone credit repayments. It took ages to sort. I paid the loan off in full, but it still shows on the poxy experian report and it's causing me trouble getting a new mortgage. that letter is really helpful. I'll be using some of it, if you don't mind, in trying to persuade my bank to give me a decent loan.
Dahlia Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #13
Chat Slut

Have been through a similar situation in the last few weeks. I own my flat outright, but have had to get a small remortgage to pay off some solicitor's fees and £5k that my folks lent me to pay off some of the wife's debts. At the same time decided to add an amount on to pay off all my plastic.

Have had a few problems in the past with missed payments and arrears so thought I would have no chance of getting a decent deal. Spoke to a broker and he recommended Abbey, and much to my surprise, got a favourable fixed rate deal (just over 6%) and am just in the process of sorting out the paperwork.

Am just glad to have it all sorted out.
Old 28-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #14
Bring on the Trumpets!!

this wont get you money back this letter , but what it will do is get rid of all them annoying default marks on your credit files. they dont run under any british law at all in the land.
they have set there own rules within the industry. there is not a law in this land that says they can mark your credit file for 6yrs. only what they decided.

its about time it all stopped, we are not criminals, yet they use the 6yr rule that would normally be used for criminals.

you aint a criminal you aint done wrong to no one at all. you just got a little behind. but whats worse is you still have to keep paying it and half the time they dont mark the default as settled.

it is being proven more each day that credit refrence agencies are just people that sell your data in blocks so you get shedloads of junkmail.
experian is part of the abbey national group. how can they be considered independant if they are owned by a bank.

in this country we are getting ripped off blind. even if you dont have a default. why not complain knowing the facts is good enough to warrant a complaint to the OFT.

even send a letter to your local MP. mine has just been knighted so hopefully he might carry a bit miore weight behind him.

IF THEY DONT HAVE THE ORIGINAL CCA1974 THAT YOU SIGNED A DEBT ISN'T A DEBT NO LONGER IN A COURT OF LAW. HENCE THE 6YR RULE THEY SET OUT.
NOT AN APPLICATION FORM THIS MEANS JACKSQUAT. IF SO THAT WOULD MEAN ALL APPLICATION FORMS YOU SIGN, YOU WILL GET IT DONT WORK LIKE THAT.
vogelrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #15
Chat Slut

Have sent the letter, I couldn't agree more. Banks are quick to exploit our weakness. They always say you should go to them first to sort out a problem, but when I went to Natwest (Who are fucking shit by the way, I wouldn't use them at all!) to sort out a problem, they didn't want to know unless I could pay huge payments that I didn't have. So I thought, fuck em, and went to PayPlan (part of the CCS) how manage my debts, they contacted them and no doubt offered them sod all a month, and all of a sudden Natwest are on the phone, being "sympathetic" and trying to help. Bastards. And then every month the repayment changed because they couldn't make up their mind. They are truely truely awful. They were so rude and unhelpful and made my life very difficult whilst bullying me.

I hate them!
Old 28-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #16
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to Mrs Crash

Our debts are managed by PayPlan too. The Citizen's Advice Bureau originally took our case on and then passed it over to PayPlan. I would recommend anyone to go to them and get some help if you are struggling to manage your debts. We went from paying £900/month to creditors right down to £50/month, which PayPlan distribute between them. We have to complete a financial statement annually for them to decide whether we can afford to pay more.
Mrs Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #17
Chat Slut

They're absolute life savers aren't they!
Old 28-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #18
Bring on the Trumpets!!

can i ask how much interest gets added buy payplan. i have never trusted another company to sort your debts out. they dont do it for free do they.

half if not most debts are not legal. because documents have been shreaded. as they wasn't setup right in the first place. being told you have to have ppi is a big no no, but most loans are sold this way. has anyone used there insurance to pay a loan back.
Old 28-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #19
J_R
Jedi Chat Master

I've always refused PPI, it's a con

As far as the CAB goes, the financial advice and planning is 100% free of charge
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #20
Bring on the Trumpets!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_R View Post
I've always refused PPI, it's a con

As far as the CAB goes, the financial advice and planning is 100% free of charge

correct CAB are free. but what about Payplan. they cant be doing it for nothing.