Old 16-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #111
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Crash View Post
I blame the parents. I think its disgusting that people have children, but can't be arsed to educate them or discipline them. I accept that even if you have had a good upbringing, you can still go off the rails, but as a parent you still have to accept responsibility for your childrens' actions and do all you can to ensure that the risks they take are not going to fuck their lives up. (I'm not saying every teenage pregnancy is a disaster, but I think most of the people who had a child in their teens would have preferred to have done so later and may have not followed the path they had planned because of it.)

As a parent you must ensure that your kids know the need to use contraception and that they are aware of the consequences if they don't. This is why we suggested that at 13 Andy's daughter went on the pill. Her mother said she wasn't having sex, and we would be encouraging her to, but we could see how mature she was physically, and ffs she had a 17 yr old boyfriend! You can't stop them from doing things, but you can arm them with information and do whatever you can to protect them.

I came from a 'nice' family, living in a 'nice' area. My parents didn't do any sex ed with me. At 17 I put myself on the pill and all my mum could say was "make sure your Dad doesn't see them". I'd been raped at 16 which happened when I lied to my parents about where I was going. (Thankfully, I didn't get pregnant.)

I discuss all sorts with my kids and hope that they will be relatively honest with me about what they're up to. I hope that by being honest with them about choices I made and the consequences of them, it will help them to make better choices. They are however only 10 and 12, so there's time to prove I'm a shit parent yet!!
Thank god, someone who talks a whole heap of sense!!

There's never a 'right' time to have kids, it's a life changing decision, but when you do you MUST accept responsibility, irrespective of age. You just can't argue with that!
Jumpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #112
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to squidgystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpup View Post
Thank god, someone who talks a whole heap of sense!!

There's never a 'right' time to have kids, it's a life changing decision, but when you do you MUST accept responsibility, irrespective of age. You just can't argue with that!
how much more responsibility can they take? you are both suggesting that neither the grandparents or parents of this baby are taking any responsibility for their offspring... so far I see nothing to suggest that this baby's parents and grandparents are not taking responsibility for what has happened... it happened, it shouldn't have and it would have been better to prevent it, but it has happened. They had a choice, terminate the birth or care for the baby... if the grandparets have chosen to support their children in caring for this baby then that is taking responsibility
If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning isÖ For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com

Last edited by squidgystar; 16-02-2009 at 07:19 PM.
squidgystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #113
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgystar View Post
how much more responsibility can they take? you are both suggesting that neither the grandparents or parents of this baby are taking any responsibility for their offspring... so far I see nothing to suggest that this baby's parents and grandparents are not taking responsibility for what has happened... it happened, it shouldn't have and it would have been better to prevent it, but it has happened. They had a choice, terminate the birth or care for the baby... if the grandparets have chosen to support their children in caring for this baby then that is taking responsibility
While I see where you're coming from, if the papers are to be believed the grandparents between them have something like 13 children already.

Now call me a fascist if you will, but it seems bringing yet more children into their households is highly irresponsible. Evidently they are not even doing that good a job with the ones they already have...
David T-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #114
Always Underestimated

Send a message via MSN to brooksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
You're just looking for any opportunity to point out that I'm a massive twat.
Dang straight! And you are giving me lots of opportunites just recently!
"Don't ever let them see you coming. That's the gaffe my friend. You gotta keep yourself small. Innocuous. Be the little guy. You know, the nerd... the leper... shit-kickin' surfer. Look at me. Underestimated from day one. You'd never think I was a master of the universe, now would ya?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysilva View Post
"Anyone with the desire for power should never be given it"
brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #115
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to squidgystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by David T-W View Post
While I see where you're coming from, if the papers are to be believed the grandparents between them have something like 13 children already.

Now call me a fascist if you will, but it seems bringing yet more children into their households is highly irresponsible. Evidently they are not even doing that good a job with the ones they already have...
I do actually agree with you... my gut reaction is the same as that which I'm arguing against, I just know that from experience and as many here have demonstrated... what "seems" to be the situation couldn't often be farther from the truth. I'm not saying anyones right or wrong really... just that there's always two sides to consider before thinking you're so very sure who is to blame.

They have 12 other kids... and as far as we know none of them have fucked up, they could be perfectly well adjusted and well educated... if so that's not bad parenting, that's a fuckin' miracle!
If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning isÖ For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com
squidgystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 01:47 AM   #116
Chat Virgin

Thirteen year old dad Alfie Patten.......

....has joined fathers for justice, he doesn't understand the politics but he's made up with the spiderman costume
clarabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #117
Banned

Send a message via MSN to rockabillyhun

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarabell View Post

....has joined fathers for justice, he doesn't understand the politics but he's made up with the spiderman costume
bwah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rockabillyhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #118
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:

I got that on a text earlier

oh and guess what people. Gut instinct may be right. This kids mother is in court Monday because of her truanting kid/s

Last edited by rosary75; 17-02-2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: typo queen
rosary75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #119
Chatter Box

Quote:

Whatever ya point of view its a messed up situation that's for sure!

I'm still standing by blaming the parents for a least not trying to instil some respect, morals and decency into their kids! At least those of you that went off the rails on these forums had parents who tried! Fuck me thatís all Iím asking for!

Iím also standing by the use of discipline, simple as. Some of these little scrotes have no idea how good that have it!

I gotta leave this thread alone, its not good for the old blood pressure!
Jumpup is offline   Reply With Quote