Old 26-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
Need To Get Out More!

Default Getting to know you

So, I said this in the newbie thread;

"RE: The other thread about it being a bit dead... maybe we should have a new Introduction thread, but for everyone including the regulars? A lot of people may already know each other so it may seem pointless, but there's people on here I have chatted with a bit and enjoyed a conversation that I know naff all about! Just a brief kinda name/where you're from/what you do/interests outside of tattooing etc?"

So here it is... I'll start

I'm Simon, 25 and originally from Cornwall, but have lived in Cardiff, Newport and currently reside in lovely Bristol, but am soon to be moving back to Newquay to seek an apprenticeship. I have a girlfriend, Justine, who posts here sometimes as Joote and we've been together almost 3 years. We have two cats called Morrissey and Dahlia and both work in life insurance at present [boring!]. Favourite bands are The Smiths/Morrissey, AFI and Idlewild.

Fire away!
simonightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to squidgystar

good thread

I'm Lisa, 28... I have 9 yr old and 6 month old daughters, 4 cats, 4 chickens and I live in a little house in the middle of the woods.

Mr Squidgy is a tree surgeon and I'm still on maternity leave from my job with the national trust, but I wont be going back... I'm trying to kick start some kind of arty career. I am responsible for galleries at conventions, forum art competitions and the Sugar Project

this be my website: Welcome to Squidgy art
and this be my myspace: The Sugar Project (Lisa Bolton) | MySpace - myspace.com/the-sugar-project
If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning is… For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com
squidgystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
Chat Slut

Hi there....

I am Dee the advertising manager for Skin Deep Magazine, people dont like it when I call as I want their money but sometimes I do call just to chat, I like to chat... sometimes too much as my boss would say!!!

I actually am currently tattoo free, its really hard for me to chose what I want and where I want it, as I see and speak to alot of artists everyday who are amazing at what they do and what they produce. If any of you want to help me with guidance or free tattoos then just let me know

Dont judge me for not being tattooed though as I love this industry just as much as someone who has 1,2 or 10 tattoos!!!

Anyway must dash as I really should not be on here as have a show guide to prepare!!

x
SunnyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
Banned

Send a message via MSN to rockabillyhun

I'm kimmy I like pies, cakes and pastries.
27 years old but feel about 47
studying Social work and battling with A hyper 4 year old.
Currently residing in scummy sunderland and I dont have a artistic bone in my body ha!
rockabillyhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
firepower

I'll be Mick then or as my friends call me "can I borrow" I am loud mouthed and self opinionated when need arises, but warm and cuddly for the most part. I live in the sunny Midlands but would rather be elsewhere most of the time, California springs to mind. I am married and have two tattoo studios, soon to be three. I have three kids all grown and flown, these will not be added to as they cost too much. Three granddaughters who will no doubt be added to causing further depletion of financial resources, especially at Christmas. Hobby's are drawing, photography, smashing out speed metal on the ESP, shooting anything I can cook and American trucks. I have two cats and two English Springer Spaniels who make me smile every day.
Previous employment history includes.
Class 1 underground electrician in the coal mines.
Electrician, installing furnaces in foundries.
Cab driver.
Doorman.
Factory worker (Loads of times when money was scarce)
Lorry driver.
Tattoo artist and bloody well staying as one

Favourite band - Megadeth

Last edited by firepower; 26-11-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 26-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
The Buck Stops Here...

Hi I'm Stuart... I run a publishing and events company, which includes this lovely forum. I love what I do and it's all on here if you are interested www.jazzpublishing.com

I'm 42 (I think)... have two boys (10 & 12)... 5 Chickens, 2 Pigmy Goats (James & George), A Royal Python (Basil), Bearded Dragon (Dragoon) loads of fish and a Tortoise (Turbo).

Music choice is really varied from Crosby, Stills & Nash to System of a Down.

Tattoo wise, I have a half B&G sleeve by Woody and another half sleeve planned when time allows and I decide on an artist (I'm a fussy bugger!).

I love red wine, chocolate, travel, gadget, fast cars and a challenge!
Old 26-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
Queen of F***ing Everything

Send a message via MSN to MonkeyChick

Hellooooooo

I'm Sam, 34 and I work in a backpacker hostel as accommodation manager.

I'm from London but moved to Cardiff a few years ago to live with Brim. I blame this forum wholly for this as this is where I "met" him

We have three cats and I regularly drop hints about marriage and kids

This is us....

Ooh, and I love cakes too

Muffins are for people too scared to order cake for breakfast

It's OK to have fun
MonkeyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #8
Need To Get Out More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firepower View Post
Electrician, installing furnaces in foundries.
Cab driver.
Doorman.
Factory worker (Loads of times when money was scarce)
Lorry driver.
Tattoo artist and bloody well staying as one

Favourite band - Megadeth
Megadeth are awesome, really annoyed I didn't pull my finger out and see them with Judas Priest earlier this year, and I used to work in a foundry back in Cornwall... hard work for a little guy like me, especially in the summer in your massive fireproof overalls!
Old 26-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #9
Need To Get Out More!

What a hunk that man is!

I remember you from Blue Bana when I was living in Wales - I always used to apply for jobs there and get turned down
Old 26-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

I'm Graeme (Cunningham, hence Slybacon). I'm 30 years old. I live in Leith, Edinburgh with my girlfriend Kay and my cat Melvin. I currently work for Johnston Press, in both ad setting and the graphics section for the Scotsman. As of the 7th of January I will also be starting a tattoo apprenticeship.

A lot of my time has been spent involved with the diy hardcore scene for about ten years, playing in bands and putting on shows in Edinburgh (currently as part Cold Dead Hands Collective). I also play bass in a band called Lords of Bastard.

I hate football.
Slybacon is offline   Reply With Quote