Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-04-2005, 08:52 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to artycow
Default anyone been to spains costas?

o.k,so i'm getting abit stuck,we're flying to granada at the beginning of june and trying to decide wether to stick with the easy option of driving the short distance to Nerja (we only arrive at 8.30pm so cant really drive too far) or get a hotel in granada for the night and then head to the costa brava (denia,xavia etc) the next day, OR go to Almeria and stay in Mojacar or something.....def not torremolinos or marbella tho

so yeh,anyone been to any of these?it may be a long shot but ya never know til you ask eh
Old 13-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #2
Rambler

I went to Benidorm which is Costa Brava (I think ) and it was nice, though the new part reminded me a lot of Blackpool, though with nicer weather. the drivers are all mental there too, and crossings don't mean anything to them. Don't think I'd go there again to be honest.
Clarabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 09:09 PM   #3
Rambler

Talking

ive been to estartit on the costa brava smallish town overlooked by a mountain lovely place but watch out for the drivers they really dont give a shit and young kids on mopeds i dont think i would like to drive over there.
Old 13-04-2005, 09:13 PM   #4
Super Moderator

most DEF not going to benidorm,and i heard the driving is pretty awful,all in all i am wishing we booked flights to france!but to change the flights now would cost so much we may as well just sack these flights off and start again but with such a tiny budget anyways,well,looks like we're flying to granada!
Old 14-04-2005, 02:23 PM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to Coley

My mother in law has an apartment in Torremolinos which we will be at beginning of June.

Torremolinos has changed since the 60/70s and no the Spanish are claiming it back, is you go out of the School holidays its a very vibrant lively Spanish city.

It is also very cheap to eat out pay between 5 Euro and 10 Euro for three course Spanish meal with a drinkie (HAPPY DAYS).

Nerja is nice as is Mijas ... have you been to the Rhonda very very beautiful, full of Moorish culture. I am fairly sure a train goes direct from Granada
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2005, 05:15 PM   #6
Chat Slut

Send a message via AIM to amyloupunkpants Send a message via MSN to amyloupunkpants Send a message via Yahoo to amyloupunkpants

went to costa del sol benelamedena or something whatever its called a few years ago was ok but i prefer something a bit less touristy. the main shopping eating complex there is nice tho
Old 15-04-2005, 01:53 PM   #7
We Are Not Worthy

I have been there several times, but as a kid so don't have any useful advice about driving I'm afraid. The caves at Nerja are very beautiful. It's also deceptively hot - I seem to remember it being foggy a lot of the time, but you can still get bad sunburn through the fog, so make sure you slap on the SPF.

Cadiz is a gorgeous town by the sea - lots of whitewashed buildings glowing in the sun. Jerez which is nearby (I think?) has lots of sherry bodegas that you can tour and get free samples of booze. Cordoba has the most beautiful mosque/cathedral and lots of Moorish style everywhere.

Spain rocks, I really need to start visiting places other than Barcelona again.
May Kasahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2005, 06:47 PM   #8
Super Moderator

ta everyone,mr wasp has been really helpful,looks like we're gonna plump for staying in Nerja,i cannot be arsed driving for 3 hours to get to the costa brava,especially with all the tales of the nightmare roads,plus if we want to we can always drive over there for the day and get a break from the beach!now just need to sell some paintings so we can get somewhere to stay haha
Old 15-04-2005, 08:28 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to migfreeman

my aunt's got a villa in nerja, so i've been there more times than i can remember. make sure you check out 'plaza tutti frutti' (swear to god that's its official name) - silly amount of bars in a tiny square. unfortunately quite full of chqavs, but you can get drunk enough to block them all out. either that, or just go to the rock bar in the corner.
Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
"If you can't tattoo anything well, don't tattoo at all"

Now fuck off.
migfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2005, 09:59 PM   #10
Super Moderator

i shant be drinking at all unfortunately,i'm quite ill and booze makes it worse,plus its more for taking my son away for the week so yeh,we'll be up early and in early,fine by me s'long as i get sun and the beach!oh and if the villa is empty the first week in june?