Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2015, 04:06 PM   #21
Chat Slut

New Blog. Depression contributing to the demise of my relationship.

https://howfootballruinedmylife.word...know-its-over/
Old 02-06-2015, 10:14 PM   #22
Jedi Chat Master

interesting reading fella.
not least because of my love for the game - all i ever wanted (like many a young lad i suspect) was to play football for a living, so getting older and realising that it's not all as glorious as it seemed is both eye opening and sad at the same time.

i know nothing about depression other than the usual ignorant 'outsiders' view BUT i hope you're OK and managing to deal with it. hope the writing is helping too.
brother10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:11 PM   #23
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother10 View Post
interesting reading fella.
not least because of my love for the game - all i ever wanted (like many a young lad i suspect) was to play football for a living, so getting older and realising that it's not all as glorious as it seemed is both eye opening and sad at the same time.

i know nothing about depression other than the usual ignorant 'outsiders' view BUT i hope you're OK and managing to deal with it. hope the writing is helping too.
Thank you for the feedback it's appreciated.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:12 PM   #24
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougal View Post
I was diagnosed with depression a few years back now. "Coming out" was the best thing I could do. I realised there were so many others that were in the same boat and to embarrassed or ashamed to admit it.
Unfortunately due to work I don't see a situation where I could just do that. It would just be too much hassle. Certainly that isn't healthy, but I don't really have a choice.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:31 AM   #25
Jedi Chat Master

interesting, I will have to read more how football lead to depression, I think we are born with the depression gene from our parents or not , and not one certain thing will bring it on, ive ben diagnosed with depression at the young age of 16, and turned to hard drugs to try and feel normal , im clean now but still have meds that allow me to live a "normal" life, I also suffer rom severe anxiety, but they go hand in hand.. stay strong man
Irezumi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:24 PM   #26
Jedi Chat Master

There's a history of depression in my family. Some of us are worse than others but its all a horrible beast, its tough stuff reading how you feel but I bet it feels somewhat freeing to get all those thoughts out.

It is hard to see the light right now but it will get better. Trust me, it might be a long road but you'll get there.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #27
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irezumi88 View Post
interesting, I will have to read more how football lead to depression, I think we are born with the depression gene from our parents or not , and not one certain thing will bring it on, ive ben diagnosed with depression at the young age of 16, and turned to hard drugs to try and feel normal , im clean now but still have meds that allow me to live a "normal" life, I also suffer rom severe anxiety, but they go hand in hand.. stay strong man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco5 View Post
There's a history of depression in my family. Some of us are worse than others but its all a horrible beast, its tough stuff reading how you feel but I bet it feels somewhat freeing to get all those thoughts out.

It is hard to see the light right now but it will get better. Trust me, it might be a long road but you'll get there.
Cheers. Fingers crossed the future is positive.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #28
Jedi Chat Master

indeed. good man
and i must say/ask, i'm uber curious who you played for??
brother10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:29 PM   #29
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretcher Monkey View Post
Cheers. Fingers crossed the future is positive.
I do know how you feel mate but that's just it - the future is always positive.
Things just can't stay this shit forever - life is constantly changing so by its very definition there are better things to come.
Head down and wait it out - that's always been my philosophy when life is at the bottom. You just have to get through each shitty day at a time and wait.
Best of luck dude. Hope you're ok.

If you're looking for the best artists try Peter's app:
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
Aiken Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:19 PM   #30
Jedi Chat Master

If you're going through hell, keep going

- Winston Churchill

I'm not one for quotes usually but this one has often given me comfort. You'll know Churchill struggled with depression himself throughout his life.
EmmaBemma is offline   Reply With Quote