Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Chit Chat
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2015, 04:06 PM   #21
Chat Slut
 
Stretcher Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 264
Default

New Blog. Depression contributing to the demise of my relationship.

https://howfootballruinedmylife.word...know-its-over/
__________________
"People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend" Jim Morrison
Stretcher Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:14 PM   #22
Jedi Chat Master
 
brother10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Surrey/Hampshire border...
Posts: 3,128
Default

interesting reading fella.
not least because of my love for the game - all i ever wanted (like many a young lad i suspect) was to play football for a living, so getting older and realising that it's not all as glorious as it seemed is both eye opening and sad at the same time.

i know nothing about depression other than the usual ignorant 'outsiders' view BUT i hope you're OK and managing to deal with it. hope the writing is helping too.
brother10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:11 PM   #23
Chat Slut
 
Stretcher Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother10 View Post
interesting reading fella.
not least because of my love for the game - all i ever wanted (like many a young lad i suspect) was to play football for a living, so getting older and realising that it's not all as glorious as it seemed is both eye opening and sad at the same time.

i know nothing about depression other than the usual ignorant 'outsiders' view BUT i hope you're OK and managing to deal with it. hope the writing is helping too.
Thank you for the feedback it's appreciated.
__________________
"People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend" Jim Morrison
Stretcher Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:12 PM   #24
Chat Slut
 
Stretcher Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougal View Post
I was diagnosed with depression a few years back now. "Coming out" was the best thing I could do. I realised there were so many others that were in the same boat and to embarrassed or ashamed to admit it.
Unfortunately due to work I don't see a situation where I could just do that. It would just be too much hassle. Certainly that isn't healthy, but I don't really have a choice.
__________________
"People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend" Jim Morrison
Stretcher Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:31 AM   #25
Jedi Chat Master
 
Irezumi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,387
Default

interesting, I will have to read more how football lead to depression, I think we are born with the depression gene from our parents or not , and not one certain thing will bring it on, ive ben diagnosed with depression at the young age of 16, and turned to hard drugs to try and feel normal , im clean now but still have meds that allow me to live a "normal" life, I also suffer rom severe anxiety, but they go hand in hand.. stay strong man
Irezumi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:24 PM   #26
Jedi Chat Master
 
Rosco5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 3,369
Default

There's a history of depression in my family. Some of us are worse than others but its all a horrible beast, its tough stuff reading how you feel but I bet it feels somewhat freeing to get all those thoughts out.

It is hard to see the light right now but it will get better. Trust me, it might be a long road but you'll get there.
__________________
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has it's limits
Rosco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #27
Chat Slut
 
Stretcher Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irezumi88 View Post
interesting, I will have to read more how football lead to depression, I think we are born with the depression gene from our parents or not , and not one certain thing will bring it on, ive ben diagnosed with depression at the young age of 16, and turned to hard drugs to try and feel normal , im clean now but still have meds that allow me to live a "normal" life, I also suffer rom severe anxiety, but they go hand in hand.. stay strong man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco5 View Post
There's a history of depression in my family. Some of us are worse than others but its all a horrible beast, its tough stuff reading how you feel but I bet it feels somewhat freeing to get all those thoughts out.

It is hard to see the light right now but it will get better. Trust me, it might be a long road but you'll get there.
Cheers. Fingers crossed the future is positive.
__________________
"People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend" Jim Morrison
Stretcher Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #28
Jedi Chat Master
 
brother10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Surrey/Hampshire border...
Posts: 3,128
Default

indeed. good man
and i must say/ask, i'm uber curious who you played for??
brother10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:29 PM   #29
Jedi Chat Master
 
Aiken Drum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretcher Monkey View Post
Cheers. Fingers crossed the future is positive.
I do know how you feel mate but that's just it - the future is always positive.
Things just can't stay this shit forever - life is constantly changing so by its very definition there are better things to come.
Head down and wait it out - that's always been my philosophy when life is at the bottom. You just have to get through each shitty day at a time and wait.
Best of luck dude. Hope you're ok.
__________________
Instagram: @aikendrummer

If you're looking for the best artists try Peter's app:
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
Aiken Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:19 PM   #30
Jedi Chat Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,250
Default

If you're going through hell, keep going

- Winston Churchill

I'm not one for quotes usually but this one has often given me comfort. You'll know Churchill struggled with depression himself throughout his life.
EmmaBemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.