Old 17-12-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
Rambler

Default Advice on angel wings

I was wondering if any of your guys could give me some advice/opinions on angel wings. I am thinking of getting some next year (I have wanted some for ages) but am not sure on the style of what to get and how big to get them. Currently I think that the small ones like what Nicole Ritchie has would be sweet but they kinda look too small sometimes and you cant tell what they are. I dont want huge ones that cover the whole of my back as I want some other pieces done on my back.
I have searched the previous posts but didnt find anything that was similair.
Comments appreciated! Thanks!
Old 17-12-2005, 02:37 PM   #2
len
Jedi Chat Master

Default Wings

Personally i would only have wings as a backpiece without any other tattoos cluttering or spoiling the image. Don't see many angels with bits and pieces on their backs other than their wings to keep them aloft
len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 02:41 PM   #3
Banned

i like it when the wings take up the entire back as well. as for the style make your artist earn his money. keep em drawing until you are happy. you tattoomagazine.com the last issue i believe was full of back pieces that were nothing but angel wings, all shapes and sizes. very very cool.
mikerocksharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 05:01 PM   #4
Banned

get them big...
they look silly like pigeon wings when there small....
saturns_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via AIM to bigfoxy

I did these about 9mths ago ........
Old 17-12-2005, 05:53 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to LuciiFera

My opinion may be an unpopular one My advise would be...think hard about how you would feel about walking into clubs etc where there are people with the same backpiece. It has happened to me on more than one occasion I had wanted wings for years, and one of my tattooist friends advised me against it, because they were becoming more and more common. I pretty much ignored his advice because I had my heart set on them for so long. I have had mine for around 5 years, and I am now having them reworked to lenghten them and rework them, to incorporate another design, to differentiate them from the legions of winged tattooees. One of them was my 'friend' who, not content to accumulate the same interests and job as me, decided to also aquire a matching backpiece too This has pretty much spurred me on to take action and rework them to make them less like bog standard wings. I once attended a Muay Thai event in a backless top, only to be seated nearby another lady sporting a backless top with a cringingly similar design. It was slightly more embarrassing than attending a crimbo do only to discover someone else wearing the same dress. Perhaps one of the most irritating thing that happens, is when you go out with some of the tattoo on show, only for about 5 people to walk up to you througout the night and say...'Oooh thats what i'm getting too.' DOH!
Old 17-12-2005, 06:25 PM   #7
Banned

Send a message via MSN to beautyfiend Send a message via Yahoo to beautyfiend

i love kelly osbournes, but id like them a lot larger.....

see here http://www.glamgirl.nl/celebrity/kelly_osbourne2x1.jpg
beautyfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 06:29 PM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by len
Personally i would only have wings as a backpiece without any other tattoos cluttering or spoiling the image. Don't see many angels with bits and pieces on their backs other than their wings to keep them aloft

Got to agree! I don't like the whole wings thing personally...but I think if you're gonna have them, they have to be a large solitary piece
tat2loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 07:10 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to migfreeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturns_shadow
get them big...
they look silly like pigeon wings when there small....
would never guess you'd post davey havok's wings, saturn.
they are cool though. think i saw some in an old mag that were tattooed onto the person's arms rather than their back, so they could spread their wings, as it were.
Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
"If you can't tattoo anything well, don't tattoo at all"

Now fuck off.
migfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #10
Banned

Send a message via MSN to rockabillyhun

hahaha im with Lucy on that one, luckily i didnt get mine done, but mine werent Angel wings, more giger. but hell .. dont do it
rockabillyhun is offline   Reply With Quote