Old 10-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Tribal tattoo re-do

Greetings fellas,

I am having the following situation:

I made a tribal tattoo when I was 17 and now I feel like it does not fit my personality at all. The tribal tattoo covers the area of my arm (until elbow), shoulder, right chest and a small part that goes to the back.

I want to do a cover-up but firstly I am not sure if an artist will be able to draw on top of the heavy outline . Can you please give me any advice of how to treat that? I want to do a full sleeve and this is currently how my tattoo looks like: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Much thanks in advance!
Hristo Dobrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 04:12 AM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Get it lasered first to lighten it. Check out how good the laser can be in this thread Tattoo cover up - do you think Iíll need another removal session ?

http://mytellings.blogspot.co.uk/
dougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 09:16 AM   #3
Chatter Box

You could get it covered but you'd have to find a pretty decent artist that has done similar work in the past. There's a guy in Australia that covers tribal in an interesting way. I'm not saying you need to travel there, but it gives you an idea of what's possible. Note how dark it is though, if you want to cover it with something completely different laser is your best bet. You're quite fortunate in a way as your tattoo isn't solid black which would take a long time to fade. You just need to focus on the thick black lines and the bits in the middle should shift pretty easily.
Old 17-08-2017, 01:07 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhine View Post
You're quite fortunate in a way as your tattoo isn't solid black which would take a long time to fade. You just need to focus on the thick black lines and the bits in the middle should shift pretty easily.
This! Not having dense tribal is going to make a cover up so much easier for you. With that being said you will still need a good amount of laser to break up and lighten the line work to allow for a better design.
Jayman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote