Old 21-05-2018, 01:57 AM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default I feel completely defeated

So Im officially a professional piercer but an out of work one. To get to this point I have up everything. It took me 10 years to even get an apprenticeship by the time id gotten 11 months in after losing everything including becoming homeless the shop I was training at went broke.

Luckily I found another shop I could train with but under the assumption I Wouldnt have a job at the end of it. After committing so much time to getting to where I was and having nothing to lose I went for it.

I finished out my training there learning a hell of a lot and ill be forever grateful for everything that I went through.

Problem is now that is over its been a couple months and im still out of work. I've had plenty of offers for jobs to this point but my girlfriend (who I live with) will not entertain the idea of moving with me to a new city and well theres just no jobs where I am.

I've toyed with the idea of owning my own studio, after all I've worked this industry for almost 12 years now, I like to think I know a thing or two about how to run a shop but after going dead broke to the degree I did for my apprenticeship plus debts etc Im just no where near close financially to getting a place open. Hell I cant even get a store card never mind a business start up loan. I've even been turned down for a loan from a pawn shop against an asset 😂

I really dunno where to go from here, I feel like a dream of fixated on for 12 years has fell flat...im at the point of just giving up and getting a "normal job" because I literally have zero idea how to make this work any more.

I really don't know what I expect from you lot, I guess I just needed to vent. If anyone wanted to offer any kind of input on my situation or even some kind words or encouragement I welcome them with open arms.

Thanks for listening (reading) I appreciate you!
Xavious_piercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 07:39 AM   #2
Chat Virgin

When you are about to give up, half the way to the success is passed.
icon2018 is offline   Reply With Quote