Old 11-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Advice and recommendations

Hi guys! I work at a tattoo shop somewhere here in the Caribbean and I'd want to ask you guys you thoughts and opinions about their policy on splits on artist's fee and some more. A brief background on me, been professionally tattooing for 7 years, but I started to study tattooing since I was 16 (i'm 37 now). Had and worked on studios in my country (Philippines) and am a licensed tattooist in Cambridge, UK. Also did guests and rented chairs in Oxford and London.

So, my question is: is there any studio that requires the artist to bring/buy his own needles and inks from the 40% split that they receive? Supposed to be 50% but there's another 10% less for "admin fee".

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this because this is the first time I've had an experience like this. Usual is 50/50 and the artist takes home the 50% entirely. Studio provides all the disposables and consumables. In chair rentals, I was asked to bring my own needles and inks but the studio provides everything else.

Let me k ow your opinions on this one. Thanks guys!
JohnFederis is offline   Reply With Quote