Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-06-2019, 07:01 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Where are they now? Whatever happened to.......

15 or so years ago things looked very different on this forum, strange that. There was a hardcore of dedicated users that had been around for years, dinosaurs if you will. Then, much like the dinosaurs, there was a cataclysmic event that wiped them all out. They suddenly all disappeared from the forum. A few stayed in touch via Facebook and, dare I say it, in real life. There was a reminiscence regarding this forum by an old forumite (Hi Monkey Chick!) which is what prompted this post. What happened to the old members of the forum? Where are they now?
I was Brummy Dave, hence the new moniker, creativity and originality were never my strong points. 15 years ago I was single, living in a lil terraced house in Stirchley, Birmingham, working as a Charge Nurse on a burns & trauma ITU (I had dual registration as an adult and mental health nurse) ran ultra distance and did triathlons for fun, had a few tattoos.
Now I’m married, met my lovely wife, Combat Kitten, on this very forum, live in a lil cottage in mid Wales with my wife (obviously) and 2 cats, work as a Personal Trainer, train mainly with calisthenics, a bit of martial arts and rowing, would never ever go back to nursing or the NHS mainly because I got a healthy dose of PTSD,got a back piece done by Monika Koch (I’m still a weed incapable of tolerating pain, the sessions were savage).
So guys, where are you watcha doing these days?

Last edited by Brummy Dave 2.0; 25-06-2019 at 07:02 PM. Reason: To add.
Brummy Dave 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 07:06 PM   #2
Chat Virgin

Oh fuck yeah, back then I was a seriously devout Buddhist that came close to buggering off to Dharmasala in India to become a monk. Seriously, WTF was I thinking?!?!.
Old 25-06-2019, 07:11 PM   #3
CK2
Chat Slut

Iím the wife...
Old 25-06-2019, 07:50 PM   #4
Boom Swagger Boom

Default I'm still in the same place....

Well my post will be boring, because nothing much has changed, just older and wiser (i hope). Just me and Mike at home now. J has her own place with her fella.

Last tattoo i got was last year, a penguin wearing deely boppers....so maybe not that wise after all haha.

Oh weird coincidence I bumped in to Brooksy in town the other day, dunno if he will see this thread, but is doing well, happily married with a couple of kids.
Busty Cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 07:58 PM   #5
Chat Virgin

Hey Busty, think it was Cardiff convention we last saw you. How’s it going? Penguin with deeley boppers, outstanding ������. Didn’t you get a Sharktopus tattoo? Is Brooksy still driving?

Last edited by Brummy Dave 2.0; 25-06-2019 at 08:03 PM.
Old 25-06-2019, 09:00 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Hey guys!! Ahh, I kinda miss the old days here Just logged in for the first time in years, and have been laughing my socks off at all the private messages from 2008 about various dramas, fall outs etc.

When I joined here I had not long moved to Derby, and was about to get hitched.. Now been married for 14years, and dropped 2 sprogs.
Still in touch with lots of the old forummers on Facebook, but I really miss the fun of this forum.
tat2loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 10:26 PM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to natstats
Default Natstats to Mrs Suicidal_Dave

Hey-up,
This will have to go down in the history books as the second hijack from the originals. We last made a boxing day visit didn't we?
Anyway, when I started on the forum I was miserable and nearing the end of a crappy marriage. It ended and I became a single mum to my two girls and was at Uni foing my nursing degree.
Being a single mum, I didn't get out much and there would have been lots of lonely evenings if it hadnt been for this place. Because the people on my computer had become real life friends from meeting up at conventions.
Little did I know that one of the other forumers would be my future husband....Suicidal_Dave.
Dave and I have been together 13 years now and many of the regulars joined us at our wedding.
We had something special on this forum. Dave and I still think of you all fondly (well most) and keep up with a bunch of you on Facebook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBean
I kinda don't trust people that don't have a little bit of shit on them somewhere....
natstats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 07:43 AM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to ShadesOfRed

Canít say I ever thought Iíd post here again I canít believe I remember a login from 9 years ago but not how old I am.. the fuck is that all about?!

Life is good, I married Teknomonki (just how many forum relationships are there anyway?) and had three children. Still living in Wales, sadly no longer the drunken gremlin I once was.

I havenít had a tattoo in years, partially thanks to the aforementioned crotch gobins and partially because of dramageddon - I still have a little space left that requires filling though so one day *wistful look*

I doubt Alex will update so Iíll say heís good, no longer writing but enjoying an excellent career in a whole new sector. And yíknow, heís married to me.. what could be better than that?
Old 26-06-2019, 08:42 AM   #9
Enjoy Responsibly

Blimey, not logged in since 2014 and still the top poster with 12,543 posts. I obviously had no life back then
Well how my life has changed., 2019 and I have now been married to Monkeychickuk for many years, with 2 awesome children. I am much less of a dick than I used to be, which is a huge bonus. Left Skin Creation to open my own studio, Nu Rose Tattoos, 9 years ago and luckily it has been a huge success.
It was a fun, fantastic time when we owned the forum and I made many lasting friendships. Its amazing how many couples this place brought together. Most of which are still together. So many good times and memories

www.nurosetattoos.com
BRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #10
Boom Swagger Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummy Dave 2.0 View Post
Hey Busty, think it was Cardiff convention we last saw you. Howís it going? Penguin with deeley boppers, outstanding ������. Didnít you get a Sharktopus tattoo? Is Brooksy still driving?
Yes it was Cardiff, that was the last convention I have been to too, don't get out much now J doesn't live at home anymore..dam kids and their grown up ways haha. I do have a Sharktopus tattoo, classic film haha.

But yup, all is good, quiet life , no drama! Any spare time I'm usually off running / jogging around somewhere...but no further than 10k lol.

Don't think Brooksy is still driving , he did say what he is doing, but i forget. He was on some health and safety course. He did say he isn't in his band anymore and is enjoying more time with his family, he looked well and sounded like he is very happy.
Busty Cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote