Old 14-03-2005, 10:39 PM   #11
Rambler

as I'm a convention newbie I was wondering how you'd go about having a tattoo done while you're there, do you have to just turn up really early or book it with one of the artists that are going to be there? Who IS going to be there anyway? I'm sure it didn't say on the website.
Clarabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 12:16 AM   #12
Chat Virgin

i suppose it woulud be wise to book with the artist to garantee a session.but then again there will be some artist who will tattoo you there. it depends on who you want to be tattooed by i suppose
MetalMilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 08:01 PM   #13
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to migfreeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2004
My mate just rang and asked if i wanted a lift to ink & iron ,shame under 18s arent allowed as i want to start taking my five year old son to conventions
paul, if i end up going i'll keep an eye out for you. was hoping to peruse your ink before i get my next session - might want to change to your guy.
Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
"If you can't tattoo anything well, don't tattoo at all"

Now fuck off.
migfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 08:11 PM   #14
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia
but then again there will be some artist who will tattoo you there. it depends on who you want to be tattooed by i suppose
Does this mean that dodgy tattooist get to go to these conventions or are they all really good?
Mr Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 08:34 PM   #15
sly
Diva

well my last tattoist works them, so yes there are some dodgy ones too.Its not necessarily all about the famous names( although there is usually a reason for this).Peruse their portfolios of photos when you get there.All good tattoists will be proud to display photos of their work, and pick the one most suited to the style you want or like best.NOT the cheapest.
sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 08:41 PM   #16
Jedi Chat Master

Thanks, i have gone for the cheapest option in the past and i have now had that one covered up, but even when i have paid for an expensive one (100 for a 2hr freehand) it has not healed properly and it is all patchy. i think i need to talk to someone of pure quality to see if these can be improved upon and screw the price, i understand you have to pay for quality. I think going to this con in peterlee will be an eye opener for me and it will be my first one(i don't think i will make it to this iron and ink).

Last edited by Mr Fish; 15-03-2005 at 08:44 PM.
Mr Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 09:25 PM   #17
We Are Not Worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummy Dave
Bollocks,I'm working that day n no one'll swap shifts with me. Will be going to Mantra in July if anyone wants a lift from Brum.
Bloody hell take a sicky
Old 15-03-2005, 11:23 PM   #18
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fish
Does this mean that dodgy tattooist get to go to these conventions or are they all really good?
make of that as you wish
but i have seen some dodgy work being done at conventions
Old 15-03-2005, 11:32 PM   #19
Snapper-Dictomy

Send a message via AIM to photopaul

I'm not going to mention the show or artist (it wasn't ink n iron tho) but i saw an 'artist' (i use that term very lightly) at one show and the photos he had in his portfolio of his work were disgusting, it wasn't poor quality photos. Honestly my 9 year old can draw better than that, probably tattoo better as well.

with shows becoming so popular you do see some poorer quality people working at some of them. At the end of the day check out the quality of the persons work before trusting them with your skin.
Old 15-03-2005, 11:35 PM   #20
Chat Virgin

Default i know what you mean!

it is really annoying because there are soo many really talented artist out there who would love to get on the convention circut and work really hard and produce quality work.but they dont even get a look in.