Old 24-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
Magazine Editor

Default Seminars for Tattoo Jam 09 ARTIST friDAY - 7th August

CONFIRMED SEMINARS SO FAR (More To Follow)

These seminars are ALL FREE! on the ARTIST FriDAY 7th August (REGISTERED ARTISTS ONLY I'M AFRAID)

Shane O’Neill – Black & Grey and Colour Portraiture.
Shane is globally renowned for his portraiture tattooing and achieves formidable results. He will share his techniques and talk about how he approaches both colour and black & grey tattoos.

Darrin White – Colour Tattooing (with live demonstration).
Darrin is a multi award-winning tattooist from the USA and excels in his colour application, and he will demonstrate just how he creates such wonderfully saturated tattoos.

Dan Henk - Painting seminar. Dan will be giving instruction on his unique take on painting and hosting a questions and answers session whislt working.

Paulo Cruzes – Machine Building From Scratch.
Paulo has many years of experience in building and tuning coil tattoo machines and will demonstrate how artists with an interest in building their own tattoo machines can do so.

Max MacAndrews – Neuma Tattoo Machines.
Max is the official UK distributor for these next generation machines and will talk through the pros and cons of implementing a Neuma set-up in your studio.

Portfolio Critique Sessions
Appraisal from some of the world’s best artists. Bring your portfolio along to receive pointers and advice!

Paul Castledine - Make More Money And Save Some Tax.
Before helping Jenny to establish Jenny Clarke Design Ltd, Paul Castledine spent over 20 years advising small businesses on how to improve profitability and how to keep more of it from the tax man. Paul will cram lots of great ideas into this session which will be of real benefit to your studio.

The day will culminate with awards and prize giving, followed in the evening by the Tattoo Masters’ Ball (should be a blast!)

See you all there!

www.tattoojam.co.uk
Old 24-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
Banned

The portfolio critique is a great idea! Who are the artists involved?
cherryghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
Magazine Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
The portfolio critique is a great idea! Who are the artists involved?
We're talking to several folk at the mo. Darrin White, Larry Brogan, Bez, Jo Cappobianco, Mike DeVries and others. (basically anyone I can collar who isn't to busy for an hour or so over the weekend)
We plan on doing a few over the weekend and hope to have different artists doing this if they have time.
Will have more info soon.
We're thinking that this could be open to apprentices as well.
Old 24-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Banned

Opening it up to apprentices would be brilliant and a very popular venture - something you're offering that I don't think any other conventions are?
cherryghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to squidgystar

I think thats a great idea... gives apprentices a chance to get feedback on their portfolio without bugging the artists while they're trying to work... or the confidence to approach the artists because they don't want to bug them while they trying to work!
If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning is… For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com
squidgystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

It's not a good idea because I can't go!

Serious answer - If that was open to wannabe apprentices you'd certainly have a lot of interest, but I imagine the artists would also have to sift through a lot of shite.
FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE
kastanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to Lexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastanada View Post
It's not a good idea because I can't go!

Serious answer - If that was open to wannabe apprentices you'd certainly have a lot of interest, but I imagine the artists would also have to sift through a lot of shite.
Could they not open it up to pre approved wannabe apprentices? Ie they send some work or something see if they are good enough for a pass? Prob totay unworkable but an idea.
Lexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #8
Magazine Editor

We're still working on the apprentice idea at the moment, as you said there could be quite a demand from the artists sitting on the panels and at the end of the day they are over here to work as well so we're going to have to see how much time they can offer.
But if it's do-able, we'll do it - could be a bit of fun!
Old 15-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #9
Magazine Editor

Small up date on the Seminars:
all as mentioned before and...
Colour theory by Bez from Triple Six Studios, Sunderland.
If anyone knows about colour, it's this man...