Old 16-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
Rambler

Default Tattoo Freeze

hey just wondering is there gonna be any inking going on or is it all just painting and art work?
cheers ma dears
Old 17-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #2
The Buck Stops Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublic View Post
hey just wondering is there gonna be any inking going on or is it all just painting and art work?
cheers ma dears
www.tattoofreeze.com
Old 23-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Chat Slut

Thumbs down

when this was originally announced, i was under the impression it was an art day kinda thing with skateboarding, graffiti etc, not a tattoo convention. now its a tattoo convention. and pretty much same time as brighton. bad form imho !

http://www.myspace.com/cosmic_tattoo

if you think my attitude stinks, wait till you smell my fingers!
leigh o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to squidgystar

thats what I thought too what's changed?
If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning is… For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com
squidgystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
Chat Slut

saw the add for it the other day and it looked like different wording, so read carefully and lo....

"Tattoo Freeze is a brand spanking new one-day tattoo convention with a simple philosophy... It’s ‘all’ about fantastic art!"

"It will be very ‘chilled’ and laid back, where you can admire great artists and artwork, get some new ink, or simply meet friends old and new. Look forward to seeing you there."

so there you have it.

its getting harder and harder to keep up with all the new conventions springing up. just seems a shame to tread on brightons toes a little. why not have it in march or summat. as a busy artist, it costs us good money to go to these shows, either working or not. theres way too many now i think, probably be even more next year.

Last edited by leigh o; 23-08-2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 23-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
rat

our oddboy has been sent an artists pack and as i understand it they re hoping to get as many of the top 100 artists from the skin deep poll to work by invitation only
maybe i ve missed something but a few people seem to have a down on the whole idea and i cant see the issue.following the brilliant organisation and stuff that made tattoo jam one of the best tattoo shows i ve ever worked or been to....why not another....
theres a few shows run by ya more business men types that i think are stagnating into a yearly money making exercise with less an less effort made for us artists or the public that are far more worthy of being whinged at an moaned about than those put on by skin deep
Old 23-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #7
Chat Slut

rat, i know of at least one person in that poll who hardly ever gets work published in mags,imho their work is ropey, yet engineered their name getting in that poll, so i wouldnt place too much faith in a poll. no disrespect to oddboy or any of the other 98 intended.

anyway, back on topic..

the issue, and i really dont want to become a mouthpiece for other conventions, is that it makes people have to choose between conventions. brighton has been running a couple of years now, is a brilliant convention, but now has another big show put up against it around the same time, which will affect numbers and also artists having to choose. people cant afford to go to all of them. i just think its poorly timed thats all.

Old 23-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
Chat Slut

ps

i have no compalints at all about tattoo jam, i had a great time and said to neil himself it was brilliant.

this is about tattoo freeze, not tattoo jam.

Old 23-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #9
rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh o View Post
rat, i know of at least one person in that poll who hardly ever gets work published in mags,imho their work is ropey, yet engineered their name getting in that poll, so i wouldnt place too much faith in a poll. no disrespect to oddboy or any of the other 98 intended.

anyway, back on topic..

the issue, and i really dont want to become a mouthpiece for other conventions, is that it makes people have to choose between conventions. brighton has been running a couple of years now, is a brilliant convention, but now has another big show put up against it around the same time, which will affect numbers and also artists having to choose. people cant afford to go to all of them. i just think its poorly timed thats all.
fair play mate
good points hopefully the quality ones will win out and the others fade away and leve us with less overall shows but much better ones eh and
as someone whos been quietly tattooing away for nigh on 25 yrs now an never made it into the charts(!)i ve never put much faith in polls an statistics!! although these statistics are quite funny:
6 out of 7 dwarfes arent happy
75% of people make up 3/4 of the population
and 9 out of 10 people enjoy gang ra............perhaps i should leave that one family show an all that
Old 23-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to squidgystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh o View Post
saw the add for it the other day and it looked like different wording, so read carefully and lo....

"Tattoo Freeze is a brand spanking new one-day tattoo convention with a simple philosophy... It’s ‘all’ about fantastic art!"

"It will be very ‘chilled’ and laid back, where you can admire great artists and artwork, get some new ink, or simply meet friends old and new. Look forward to seeing you there."

so there you have it.

its getting harder and harder to keep up with all the new conventions springing up. just seems a shame to tread on brightons toes a little. why not have it in march or summat. as a busy artist, it costs us good money to go to these shows, either working or not. theres way too many now i think, probably be even more next year.
I deffinitly remember the second paragraph being in the original text because this question has been asked before... I don't remember the first paragraph but then my memory is shit!

What I can't find though is the original post that SD admins made here advertising it (the one that turned a little heated) ...I'm sure it was never marketed as a convention in that... has that been deleted or am I just being blind

Is it the same weekend as Brighton or just very close? Maybe the organisers are hoping that they will get more overseas artists to attend if they are already planning to come over here for Brighton and don't mind staying a bit longer to fit this one in as well
If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning is… For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com
squidgystar is offline   Reply With Quote