Old 01-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #11
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to squidgystar

the parade was great... baby LOVED the dancing skeletons... it has made me all the more determined to get to Mexico to see this thing for real. Looks like this one is going to be an annual event now.

It was so busy there was no way we could stop to read much of the info/listen to the talks... and the one element I really felt was missing was the fact that these were celebrations to remember dead loved ones... it was all very festivally and fun, but not much about the shrines... the shrine that they had just felt like a display.

The mexican prints on the top floor were very cool indeed... well worth going for (thanks for the tip SH), I got a beautiful book of mexican prints as a belated birthday present. I only stopped at one other floor but was drooling over the statues. Thoroughly loved the museum and want to go back to see more... their displays were stunning, really well put together, very culturally diverse... and from an arty point of view, totally inspiring.

Bumped into scarlet hell on the way out... gorgeous as well as talented! Didn't expect to see her as the place really was packed, but I'm glad I got to say hi

more pics here:
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...tish%20museum/

models

If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning is… For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com

Last edited by squidgystar; 01-11-2009 at 09:41 PM.
squidgystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #12
Jedi Chat Master

parade

If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning is… For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com
Old 01-11-2009, 09:38 PM   #13
Jedi Chat Master

Prints

www.squidgyart.com
Old 01-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #14
Jedi Chat Master

Other stuff

www.squidgyart.com
Old 01-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #15
Enjoy Responsibly

Thats made me want to back to Mexico City and see it all again.

www.nurosetattoos.com
BRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #16
Rambler

shame the online travel agents don't book that far in advance
looked on ebookers last night, they only go as far as sept
cake lover is offline   Reply With Quote