Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #11
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via AIM to maryjane

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgystar View Post
lol... oddly, the only thing that appeals to me about getting tattooed at a convention is the opportunity of seeing an artist you wouldn't ordinarily get to... I couldn't bear the thought of people standing round watching me
I found it really hard in a shop. I need something to look at, I think the only way i'd enjoy getting tattooed in a shop is if there was alot of people there to talk to or some way I could watch films.
I don't like going to conventions and not getting tattooed now also, I find that really hard.
maryjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #12
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to LuciiFera

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgystar View Post
I couldn't bear the thought of people standing round watching me
Bleurggh, me either. I've never fainted during a tattoo, but I know alot of people who have had a whitey out of the blue, even after having hours of work done in the past. My fear would be taking a funny turn in front of an audience, haha. As long as he is fine with the risk of feeling a little 'off colour' in front of people, then he should be ok.
LuciiFera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #13
Boom Swagger Boom

i love getting tattooed at conventions...like MJ says ,,so much to take your mind off any pain etc..

good call in trying to get the first appointment ..from what i can gather from the likes of London convo it really is tools down at a certain time, stipulated by the health n safty rules ..etc,,,no exceptions.

only time i have seen anything different was when Nats was getting tattooed by Phil at Pompey..theres was only the few of us left there and one secruity guard till Phil had finished Nats piece @ like 11pm or summat ..
Busty Cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #14
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciiFera View Post
Bleurggh, me either. I've never fainted during a tattoo, but I know alot of people who have had a whitey out of the blue, even after having hours of work done in the past. My fear would be taking a funny turn in front of an audience, haha. As long as he is fine with the risk of feeling a little 'off colour' in front of people, then he should be ok.
after seeing the things hes got upto when pissed I think hes beyond embaresment!
Old 17-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #15
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busty Cheesecake View Post
i love getting tattooed at conventions...like MJ says ,,so much to take your mind off any pain etc..

good call in trying to get the first appointment ..from what i can gather from the likes of London convo it really is tools down at a certain time, stipulated by the health n safty rules ..etc,,,no exceptions.

only time i have seen anything different was when Nats was getting tattooed by Phil at Pompey..theres was only the few of us left there and one secruity guard till Phil had finished Nats piece @ like 11pm or summat ..
Yeah defo try to get in first thing, maybe wander about on Sat then try to get him in first thing sun.
Old 17-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #16
Boom Swagger Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
Thats good to know.

i think it was the son of somebody that comes on here...the tattoo was done by one of the artist that was working with Neusky...the artist knew it was the lads first etc ..and they were awesome about it and made it a great experience for him.
Busty Cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #17
Jedi Chat Master

I had my first tattoo at a convention. It was no problem at all and I think being surrounded by other people who were going through the same thing helped me brass it out, cos it hurt more than I thought!

I see no reason why he shouldn't if it gives him access to the right tattooist(s).
WendyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #18
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WENDYT View Post
I had my first tattoo at a convention. It was no problem at all and I think being surrounded by other people who were going through the same thing helped me brass it out, cos it hurt more than I thought!

I see no reason why he shouldn't if it gives him access to the right tattooist(s).
Thats cool.

I wish I had the chance to get my first tattoo somewhere like Brighton. Still room for error though I guess.
Old 17-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #19
Normal for Norfolk

I don't mind getting tattooed at conventions, it's a good opportunity to get work from people that might not be doing guest spots etc over here.
As for having an audience, it can act as a good distraction especially if you're nervous, but that of course depends on the person. If he's really not that fussed about people milling around, just load him up with sweets and water and he'll be fine!
Q. According to Freud, what comes between fear and sex?
A. Fünf.
cunningstunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #20
Banned

I've never had a problem getting tattooed at a convention, and I even find that because you're so on show to people, you're more likely to man up and take the pain a bit better. Something about your state of mind tells you that you HAVE to take it well or else you'll look like a fanny, and I think that helps.

Regarding rushing at the end of the day, this can be an issue for sure. My hand was booked in as a one hour and a half session, but being that Marcus over-ran with every single appointment on the day, I ended up last in and we only had an hour to go.

He was getting hassled by staff towards the end of the tattoos, but he managed to pull it off flawlessly in an hour. He was under pressure on this piece for sure, but an artist that good will still work great under pressure.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote