Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #21
Jedi Chat Master

As mentioned the other day, my fist tattoo was done at a convention. I had no idea what to expect and got pissed whilst i was waiting... .Bad idea.. I didn't realise how sensitive an area my stomach was. The only thing I can remember really is being sick in a bucket and the crappy entertainment on stage. After that I thought I'd never get tattooed again, let alone at a convention, but then I had my backpiece started at Manchester 2 years ago.
The experience was completely different... Possibly down to being sober, and knowing what to expect more, but I really enjoyed it.
As others have said, there was so much going on around you that it takes your mind off things, and you have to grin and bear it now matter lol! Plus, you kinda feel the buzz (pardon the pun)of the place completely....

There are definitely places that I wouldn't have done at a convention though... such as any more on my ribs. Its an area I've struggled with and would really rather have peace and quiet so i can zone out.

I'd say go for it!
tat2loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #22
Jedi Chat Master

I was very very nervous first time I got tattooed at a convention as many people on here will remember but I really enjoyed it, having people artists to look at and talk to takes your mind off the pain I have been tattooed 3 times at conventions and would do it again defo!
Old 17-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #23
Chat Slut

Send a message via MSN to Lizabeth_Vengeance
Default O:

3years! 3years!

omg! can i come to like a convention with you guys XD
so im not a loner XD
Old 17-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #24
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabeth_Vengeance View Post
3years! 3years!

omg! can i come to like a convention with you guys XD
so im not a loner XD
Of course you can sweetie
Old 17-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #25
Chat Slut

Send a message via MSN to Lizabeth_Vengeance
Default [:

Geed

see you in three years time xD
at least i have plenty of time to prepare and save
Old 17-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #26
Banned

I don't think there's anything to stop you coming to a convention before you're 18, is there? There might be a couple of over 18s shows, but there are definitely some that aren't.

Seeing shit hot work being done in the flesh will help you decide what to get and who to go to when the time is right too.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #27
Rambler

A couple of years at the London convention, I started getting tattooed at 4:30pm and at 11:00pm, my artist was told to pack up. He told them he needed another 30 minutes and they agreed. 1 hour later, just after midnight,with the place deserted we were kicked out and I had to go back for another 45-60 minutes the following day. Not ideal but what can you do? It turned out great anyway.

I agree about the bravado thing as well. You can't show too much pain with pretty girls watching!
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #28
Jedi Chat Master

Being his first tattoo he has nothing to compare it too so how would he know if its difficult/easy??

If he knows who he wants work by and the convention is the only way to get work by them then go for it.

I find the distractions at a convention a good thing, certainly better than the long drawn out silences you get sometimes in a quiet studio where all you can do it try to ignore the ouchy!!
miss charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 01:57 AM   #29
Queen of F***ing Everything

Send a message via MSN to MonkeyChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busty Cheesecake View Post
there was a lad that got his first @ pompey one year and he said it was the best experience he could have wished for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busty Cheesecake View Post
only time i have seen anything different was when Nats was getting tattooed by Phil at Pompey..theres was only the few of us left there and one secruity guard till Phil had finished Nats piece @ like 11pm or summat ..
Ah, good times at Pompey

I like getting tattooed at conventions. I feel I've been cheated when I don't!

Muffins are for people too scared to order cake for breakfast

It's OK to have fun
MonkeyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 04:15 AM   #30
Jedi Chat Master

The only time I got tattooed at a convention was the Pontypridd convo back in 2000. I had roughly 5 and a half hours on my thigh done by Dave Fleet, although the time worked on was less as the power kept on tripping out because of the bands playing in what was otherwise a crappy working mens club, run by my mate's parents.

Pain-wise, it didn't bother me at all, I could be worked on all day on that area, and it was by no means my first tattoo (2 sleeves/half leg/stomach). Having said that, I'd far rather be tattooed in a studio.