Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum

Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/)
-   Tattoo Talk (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/tattoo-talk/)
-   -   First tattoo at a convention? (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/tattoo-talk/14613-first-tattoo-convention)

maryjane 17-01-2009 11:12 AM

First tattoo at a convention?

Paul still has virgin skin and has been considering getting his first tattoo at Brighton.
Do people think this would be a good or bad idea?
He has done his homework he knows which artists he likes (I think he knows artists work better than I do) and he has a fair few ideas.

Has anyone else got there first tattoo at a convention?

I think the only thing that worries me is that he is shit with pain but then maybe getting tattooed at a convention would be good for this.

Obviously in the end its up to him to decide but it would be interesting to see what other people think.

cunningstunt 17-01-2009 11:43 AM

Whereabouts on his person is he planning to get said tattoo and also, how big is he planning to go?

maryjane 17-01-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cunningstunt (Post 560931)
Whereabouts on his person is he planning to get said tattoo and also, how big is he planning to go?

Somewhere not to obvious maybe top of the arm or thigh. Not massive but not to small maybe about the size of a hand maybe a bit smaller.
It depends on which idea he was to go with or which artist he could get work from.

Busty Cheesecake 17-01-2009 11:58 AM

out of those two areas pain wise ..i would go for the top of the arm ...thigh can be a bit yukki with pain..

there was a lad that got his first @ pompey one year and he said it was the best experience he could have wished for.:cool:

Give_Me_Fire_Shorts 17-01-2009 11:58 AM

imo:

bad idea.

i hate gettin tattooed at convention.
besides, you cant tel me the tattooist can give it his or her all with all the stresses and time pressure of a convention, (dont care which artists deny it, you know your fibbin :P )

i hear of conventions closing while people are still being tattooed etc. and the tattooist hav ing to stop etc.

why bother and have the hassle?

go for the studio thing.. although im not sure many artists will tattoo a 13 yr old.

:D

squidgystar 17-01-2009 12:04 PM

that could apply to anyone getting a tattoo at a convention though :confused: ...if he's not at the end of the day and isn't getting a huge back piece, that eliminates both of those concerns already.

maryjane 17-01-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busty Cheesecake (Post 560934)

there was a lad that got his first @ pompey one year and he said it was the best experience he could have wished for.:cool:

Thats good to know.

maryjane 17-01-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Give_Me_Fire_Shorts (Post 560935)
imo:

bad idea.

i hate gettin tattooed at convention.
besides, you cant tel me the tattooist can give it his or her all with all the stresses and time pressure of a convention, (dont care which artists deny it, you know your fibbin :P )

i hear of conventions closing while people are still being tattooed etc. and the tattooist hav ing to stop etc.

why bother and have the hassle?

go for the studio thing.. although im not sure many artists will tattoo a 13 yr old.

:D

I think you maybe a little biased seeing as you don't like getting tattooed at conventions yourself. I still get very nervous before getting tattooed but find it easyer to handle at a convention than in a shop. More going on to take your mind off it etc.

We will take note of what you said about getting tattooed at the end of the day though and try to make sure this doesnt happen.

Hes almost 19 :p

squidgystar 17-01-2009 12:14 PM

lol... oddly, the only thing that appeals to me about getting tattooed at a convention is the opportunity of seeing an artist you wouldn't ordinarily get to... I couldn't bear the thought of people standing round watching me

mortuarymadame 17-01-2009 12:18 PM

If he decides to go for it, maybe try and get the 1st appt of the the day...less time to get nervous, no hanging around if artist is running late and plenty of time for a drink afterwards :D