Old 29-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Have been a long time lurker on here and finally decided to go to Brighton on Saturday and in the mood for a little bit of ink, BUT its very late in the day to book with anyone (assuming most spaces will have been filled), and being a new boy on the scene, whats the order of the day for getting this done?

Im local ish to Brighton so starting on a bigger peice is an option if one of the locals (Funkytat etc) can fit me in.

I dont have access to myspace at work so cannot see who is going to be down there with a slot on Saturday.

I know what i want to a certain degree and am open to some artistc license so if i bring some pics of bits i like and things i would like included do you think i have a chance......Traditional Jap?, Cherry Blossom?, Koi?, ?

B&G with some red in it...

I have been thinking about it for a couple of years and am hoping my visit on Saturday will get the ball rolling.

Last edited by d3m0n; 29-01-2009 at 02:52 PM.
d3m0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
Banned

Go prepared - look at the artist list and see who youd like work from. Then get there really early on the first day and go straight to the artists you have in mind and ask if they have any free slots over the weekend.

Some book up in advance, others work first come first served, but even the ones that book in advance may not be fully booked up. Just make sure its the first thing you do when you get in, and try to be first in line as it opens!
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Go prepared - look at the artist list and see who youd like work from. Then get there really early on the first day and go straight to the artists you have in mind and ask if they have any free slots over the weekend.

Some book up in advance, others work first come first served, but even the ones that book in advance may not be fully booked up. Just make sure its the first thing you do when you get in, and try to be first in line as it opens!
Thanks, we should be down there in the line at about 10-10:30 ish.
d3m0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
Rambler

if not though man, don't stress, they'll come around again. Who knows - maybe the right dude or dudette is based in the UK anyway. Or maybe they're doing a guest slot. There are lots of good artists doing guests slots around it. Magnum Opus has a few!
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote