Old 03-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Cover up tattoo?

Hi guys

Ive got a tattoo on my arm that i want covering up with a colour japanese dragon half sleeve deisgn and was wondering if i could get your opinion of if it would be possible? if so, could you recommend some compentent tattooist's around the south east of england, i live in southampton but i dont mind traveling if it means i will get a decent job done.

Cheers

This is what i want covered up.

Name:  arm.jpg
Views: 3795
Size:  14.9 KB
adz_rolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
zoller_hellcat

Do you have a picture of how it looks now, as that pic was taken as soon as it was finished? Would give more of an idea how easily it could be covered.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Maybe he got bored with it after a week? :-)
Old 03-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
Chat Slut

yep lets see how it looks now please
ondine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
Chat Virgin

ok no probs i will sort out a pic of how it looks now and put it up as soon as i can. do u reckon its possible tho?
Old 03-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #6
zoller_hellcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz_rolls View Post
ok no probs i will sort out a pic of how it looks now and put it up as soon as i can. do u reckon its possible tho?
When you put a better pic up I'm sure you'll get some accurate opinions...there are some excellent cover up artists on this forum.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #7
Chat Virgin

the reason i want to get in covered up is because im unappy with the design and quality of the work. Actually even if the quality was ok i still dont think i would like it, which is my fault. I thought the tattoo looked good on paper but didnt turn out the way i had imagined. I have wanted a tattoo for a long time and now ive got one i am dissapointed. I want to be able to look at my tattoo and be proud of it not embarrassed. At the moment, if im honest i think it looks a mess. Im annoyed with myself because i should of taken more time to do research into where i should get it done and to make sure i new what i wanted before i went in to get it. I feel like i just got one for the sake of having a tattoo and now ive paid the price and ended up with something im unhappy with. Hopefully if my tattoo can be covered im gonna get something that can be admired and shows of the artists skill. I want to have a lil input into the design so the tattoo means something. I think before i just saw getting a tattoo as something to do, whereas now i have an appreciation for it as an artform.

Glad i got that of my chest
Old 04-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #8
Live Action Auteur

Well, at least it only took you one tattoo to some to that conclusion. It took some of us a lot longer!

Good luck with it. Japanese is one of the best options for cover ups, so that's a great start.

Why not start researching tattooers that work in that style and when you have picked someone, approach them directly about your cover up?
PaulaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #9
Chat Virgin

Yea thats what im going to do. Can you recommend anyone on here that i could use as a starting point?
Old 04-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #10
Live Action Auteur

It's come up a lot, so use the search function, here's one to get you started, has links and suggestions for lots of the more interesting UK based Japanese style tattooers:

http://www.skindeep.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14779
PaulaHK is offline   Reply With Quote