Old 10-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
Jedi Chat Master

Default milan ink.!

time wizzes by while your having fun ....tattooing.?
but what about the customer.?

how do you feel when it takes so long to get a piece of tattooing,and 3 or 4 times through the session the artist fucks off for a smoke,a piss,a bite to eat or even just wanders off for a look round the convention hall.?

had a geezer from london in on saturday who got tattooed at the milan show.....was telling me the artist fucked off 3 or 4 times while doing the tattoo.
and it took 3 hours to do a rose and scroll with a hourglass ,nice tattoo though.....just thought it a bit long time to tattoo a simple tattoo.?

the geezer loves the tattoo, but was a bit miffed at waiting so long to have it finished.!

i know if you want the work you got to wait for it...(quality and all that)...but 3 or 4 hours did seem quite a long time.?

i tattooed a ship on the guy and only took 40 minutes,and it was twice the size of the milan piece.

guess i am too fukking fast is all.?

and half the price as well......guess doing shows you need to add a bit for booth higher,hotel,and travel.?
well thats what i told the bloke.!

inkcastle bebo

inkcastle website

myspace inkcastle
PERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERT View Post
time wizzes by while your having fun ....tattooing.?
but what about the customer.?

how do you feel when it takes so long to get a piece of tattooing,and 3 or 4 times through the session the artist fucks off for a smoke,a piss,a bite to eat or even just wanders off for a look round the convention hall.?

had a geezer from london in on saturday who got tattooed at the milan show.....was telling me the artist fucked off 3 or 4 times while doing the tattoo.
and it took 3 hours to do a rose and scroll with a hourglass ,nice tattoo though.....just thought it a bit long time to tattoo a simple tattoo.?

the geezer loves the tattoo, but was a bit miffed at waiting so long to have it finished.!

i know if you want the work you got to wait for it...(quality and all that)...but 3 or 4 hours did seem quite a long time.?

i tattooed a ship on the guy and only took 40 minutes,and it was twice the size of the milan piece.

guess i am too fukking fast is all.?

and half the price as well......guess doing shows you need to add a bit for booth higher,hotel,and travel.?
well thats what i told the bloke.!
I got tattooed at Tattoo jam last year and I got charged exactly what I would have done if I'd have gone into their shop on an hourly rate, which I think was fair! Didn't have loads of breaks either
refti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
Banned

Send a message via MSN to rockabillyhun

Thats why I like tattooists who smoke... hehe its all about the breaks. Saying that I had a tattooist who sat on msn whilst tattooing me once, that got a littel silly, but I was young and naive
rockabillyhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
Banned

I don't like breaks, I'd rather just power through and get it done. I understand the need for both tattooer and customer to have them though.
cherryghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

think what the geezer was getting at was he was paying for time the tattooist was bolloxing about.?

dont begrudge an artist taking a quick piss or a smoke,but fannying around for ages while their customer awaits them returning to get finished i think he has a right to moan a bit.?

or maybe just coz he was a londoner he just likes complaining..?

inkcastle bebo

inkcastle website

myspace inkcastle
PERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to squidgystar

i had an artist who started half an hour late and finished half an hour early but charged me for the extra hour
If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning is… For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com
squidgystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #7
Rambler

If you are paying for a days work then I think you should expect to get a days work.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #8
Rue
Jedi Chat Master

Sometimes to be honest i am glad of a few wee mins break! I guess at a convention its to be expected with loads of people coming over to talk to the artist and stuff. A lot of artists seem to round up to the nearest hour i find anyway.
When i got tattooed by uncle allen at the london show last year he had to keep stopping because people kept coming over to ask him questions/buy merch and he was far too polite and took the time to speak to everyone. I thought it was really nice because its hard to get an artists attention when they are tattooing, but as the person being tattooed it was a little annoying. He gave me a free print at the end to apologise though which i thought was really nice!
Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
Chat Slut

if i have a fag break, or any sort of break and they are on hourly work i add it to the end of the session, but i only have a break on tattoos that are 2hours plus though
ondine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
Enjoy Responsibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondine View Post
if i have a fag break, or any sort of break and they are on hourly work i add it to the end of the session, but i only have a break on tattoos that are 2hours plus though
Pretty much the same here. I never book myself up solid as I like time in between customers to relax. Although if I am enjoying a piece, I have been known to carry on for free until the caps are empty

www.nurosetattoos.com
BRIM is offline   Reply With Quote