Old 11-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Mechanical

Can anyone recommend some good (preferably really good) mechanical (not bio) artists?

Are there any UK artists that are on par with Gupta?

I know Louis Malloy is good but it's part cover-up so I doubt he would take it on.

Last edited by JooJoo; 11-06-2010 at 11:45 PM.
JooJoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
Chat Virgin

Anyone????

I was thinking maybe Dan Gold?
Old 12-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
Banned

Why do you think that Louis would not take on a part cover up? This sort of thing would be right up his street.
cherryghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
Chat Virgin

Quote from Louis website - "...Please note I am not really interested in doing tribal style or coverups."

Dan Gold sprung to mind because he is known for his Machinery / robotic style (as well as graf).

I'm surprised it's so hard to find mech artistists in the UK.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
Banned

Speaking from personal experience, I have discussed cover-up options with Louis directly, and a friend and fellow forum member has recently had cover-up work by him.

Mechnical stuff is something he's very interested in, as he likes technical drawing. Don't dismiss him before you've approached him - the website may just be trying to put off the hundreds of people who want the same cherubs-and-clouds that he gets every day.

Honestly, drop him a message.

Oh and Dan, as much as I like some of his work, isn't really up to the same standards that you appear to be looking for.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
Banned

Failing that, you could try Bez at Triple Six. He's apparently looking to focus more on biomech, and whilst that isn't what you want he might be interested in the challenge.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:49 PM   #7
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
Speaking from personal experience, I have discussed cover-up options with Louis directly, and a friend and fellow forum member has recently had cover-up work by him.

Mechnical stuff is something he's very interested in, as he likes technical drawing. Don't dismiss him before you've approached him - the website may just be trying to put off the hundreds of people who want the same cherubs-and-clouds that he gets every day.

Honestly, drop him a message.

Oh and Dan, as much as I like some of his work, isn't really up to the same standards that you appear to be looking for.
Really? I thought Dan was pretty sought after for that kind of thing?

Thanks for the advice about Louis, I'll give it go. Do you know how much I should say in the price range section (if using the contact form)?

Do you know of any other artists? They don't have of Louis standard, just good and reliable.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #8
Banned

I didn't know there was a form... I just harrass him via e-mail and when I go in for laser hahaha. Price range... that really depends on what you want - a single piece, a sleeve, a backpiece. He's quite a fast tattooer, which helps. Louis is definitely the first person who springs to mind for this style.

Dan's really more known for the robots. He likes to tattoo them, but mostly he's known for graf stuff. He's not disciplined enough (IMO) for what you want, as it's complicated and time consuming and requires someone who enjoys drawing in that style - technical drawing isn't like your standard tattoo sketches. Don't get me wrong, I really like some of Dan's work and he's a cracking bloke, but he's totally wrong for this style.

I'm racking my brains for other artists... there are plenty of folk who would do a nice job of it but not the way that I think you would want it.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:38 PM   #9
Chat Virgin

Well thanks for all the input, I'll start making enquiries. Come to think of it, perhaps Dan isn't the right artist for the piece, think I'm looking for slightly more realistic than what he favours.