Old 11-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
Jedi Chat Master

Lightbulb gap fillers

for those who have non-complete sleves.?

i get loads of blokes getting in-between their old tattoos filled in ....?
what i mean is ...they see the younger generation having sleeves designed from the word go,and feel that they are unfinished.as if they need to fill the gaps between their old tattoos to kinda keep up with the new guys stuff.?

i get loads of.....what can i get to fill the spaces with.?

everything from,little skulls,bubbles,water splashes,cloud work, or even just solid colour.!

did a real nice job on one geezer who had the background filled with jap swirles in red.!

was wondering if theres any out there who have went down the same route to sleeve up with tiny stuff to fill in.?

anything but bloody stars....i am sick of stars lately.

inkcastle bebo

inkcastle website

myspace inkcastle
PERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

I had a little gap filled on my shoulder a couple of years back. And to be honest, I'm looking forward to the day when I can fill gaps on my right arm. (But I need a couple more big pieces on it before that day comes.)

It's gonna be my old-school arm, so it makes sense to be made in an old-school way, which will doubtless leave gaps that need filling. I like it that way!

Last edited by David T-W; 11-08-2011 at 01:50 PM.
David T-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
Rambler

I'm getting my sleeve filled in in a few weeks time for my birthday. I've got the top half filled as one solid piece, a scene. The bottom half of my arm I collected and built up pieces as I went along, and now I feel like I want to add those last few touches to feel complete with it. I'm after some old school filler and a couple of small pieces to fill in the gaps because I think it will really set it off (and stop me staring and the gaps all the time!)
refti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
Chatter Box

I've just had a session to have some gaps filled. (Hepcat Glasgow, I'll put up some pictures soon)
I've had to think really hard about what to have in the gaps and pick and choose small images instead of Dots and Stars filler.
So,
Small diamonds, illuminati eyes (from the dollar note), einsturzende neubauten logos, USB, binary, hexagons, chemical formulae ..er.. Victorian wallpaper?

help me out here!

And of course.. the Elbow Web. *applause*

It's funny, I told people I was getting more Ink to fill up the gaps and they were like AAAAAghhhh!! Well not quite like that but they didn't see that when I looked at my arm, the gaps stood out more than the tattoos. Like if you had a picture missing on a gallery wall, it would be the only thing in there that would attract your attention.

I'm so doomed, body suit ahoy.
Old 21-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
Chatter Box

The Gap Fillers I got recently, done by Matty @ Hepcat Glasgow. Your thoughts? I know I haven't got any of the things I just suggested, but I probably will soon
Old 21-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
Chat Slut

I am currently working on my old school sleeve and for the gaps. I am having them filled with small personal tattoo's for me. Instead of stars/dots.

Making it more personal. I am looking forward to picking those designs though.
Hails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

Jap swirls always make great gap fillers IMO, they can bring a lot of stuff together. I've got loads of them on me.
Old 22-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

years ago it was stars to fill gaps.?
then it was dots,or even swirls, but i suppose its whatever tickles your fancy.?

inkcastle bebo

inkcastle website

myspace inkcastle
PERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #9
Rambler

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege_aims View Post
The Gap Fillers I got recently, done by Matty @ Hepcat Glasgow. Your thoughts? I know I haven't got any of the things I just suggested, but I probably will soon
I think that looks awesome, I love the "patchwork" sleeved like that. I think they're most interesting so that's why I'm building mine up the same Specifically love the diamonds, that's something I'm getting in a few weeks to finish up.
refti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

I agree, make very good gap fillers, I like that they're a little different to the usual stars, swirls etc

Born Original, Die Exceptional.
Sarah Von ZombE is offline   Reply With Quote