Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum

Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/)
-   Tattoo Talk (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/tattoo-talk/)
-   -   Artists: Tattoos for cancer? (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/tattoo-talk/19505-artists-tattoos-cancer)

05-06-2011 04:32 PM

Artists: Tattoos for cancer?

Hi folks. Can I get your opinions on this please?

I had an idea to raise money for cancer support/research by having sponsored tattoos, each 1 square inch. I reckon that's a potential 1500 tattoos taking into account unsuitable areas, and I have no tattoos at the moment. Each design would be the artist's choice as long as its not offensive or obscene.

I haven't thought about any of the logistics just wondered, artists, - would you happily donate a 1 inch square tattoo to raise money for charity?

Sharron 05-06-2011 04:35 PM

how exactly is that raising money??? Or have I missed the point???

05-06-2011 04:39 PM

People sponsor me!!!

Sharron 05-06-2011 04:43 PM

hmmmm not convinced myself like, plus square inch size wont get much of a way of a tattoo. if you get it off the ground good luck though

05-06-2011 04:50 PM

I think there's a lot an artist can do given the challenge to produce a 1 square inch piece. I'm actually quite surprised you're saying you couldn't do it.

CookieHound 05-06-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nood (Post 646187)
I think there's a lot an artist can do given the challenge to produce a 1 square inch piece. I'm actually quite surprised you're saying you couldn't do it.

Nice - you have an artist who explains that your idea worn't work and you essentially thumb your nose at them.

It sounds a bit like a scam, to me, to be honest. You want tattoos, so instead of paying to get one, you tell an artist it's for char-rid-itee, and it's not even you that's paying the money to the charity, that'a all done by your friends!

Sharron 05-06-2011 06:58 PM

errr??? just said you wouldnt get much of a tattoo in an inch....where in that did i say i couldnt ????

try to be nice to some people hey ...

05-06-2011 09:58 PM

Great welcome to the forum, thanks. And I'll be sure to tell all those guys who cycle the length and breadth of the country to raise money for charity that they're scammers.

Seriously no comprehension of the concept at all, do you think I could magically transport to studios across the country? Don't you think I've considered it will cost me to do that? Here I am willing to spend whatever to raise a lot of money for a good cause.

WOW! JUST WOW! I know people are cynical but that is something else.

You're all really so friendly. Thanks for the great welcome.

brother10 05-06-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nood (Post 646202)
Great welcome to the forum, thanks. And I'll be sure to tell all those guys who cycle the length and breadth of the country to raise money for charity that they're scammers.

Seriously no comprehension of the concept at all, do you think I could magically transport to studios across the country? Don't you think I've considered it will cost me to do that? Here I am willing to spend whatever to raise a lot of money for a good cause.

WOW! JUST WOW! I know people are cynical but that is something else.

You're all really so friendly. Thanks for the great welcome.

settle down, blimey...

05-06-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brother10 (Post 646204)
settle down, blimey...

Sorry but I'm being called a scammer for trying to do something good. I could have my whole body tattooed at my own expense tomorrow if I wanted, this is certainly not about trying to get something for free.

This isn't a marathon that's over the next day, it's permanent marking, something that would get press interest and potentially raise thousands, not 200 from friends. I'm asking whether artists would be willing to donate.. what half an hour.. for a good cause. I'm doing this for cancer support/research, something that's personal to me as it would also be a memorial to my grandad whose cancer took him from us, and I'm being called a scammer. I find that offensive.

@Sharron, perhaps I worded my response badly, I've looked at your photos and I'm sure you are capable of creating a tiny design to fit is what I meant.