Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Help - Ideas for cover up needed

Hey guys, first post on here and i'm already asking for your help :O

The image below is of a shit tattoo i got done when i was young and impressionable and now is the time for it to be covered up BUT WITH WHAT????

I love japanese style tattoos of dragons and so on but also fancy quite a bold colourful design.

can anyone suggest anything to me that will make me go WOW?!

Thanks in advance, Lee :P
burtonboy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
Chat Virgin

hi,
good that you want to cover the tribal.
Maybe if you get some laser treatment before, you will have more possibilities for a cover up. Or maybe make that area really dark and put the dragon around.

You should really choose an artist who has some experience with cover ups, even if you have to wait a bit longer for an appointment. If wouldn't really help to suggest a particular motive on here, your tattoo artist probably knows best what will cover up and will draw one for you from scratch so that it also fits your body/arm shape.
Here are just a few pics so that you can see what can be done. The first three belong together, the last is another cover shame there's no before picture.

If you tell us where you are located, we can suggest some good studios.
Attached Thumbnails
Help - Ideas for cover up needed-brads-before-picture.jpg   Help - Ideas for cover up needed-brads-dragon-3-na.jpg   Help - Ideas for cover up needed-brads-dragon-4-na.jpg   Help - Ideas for cover up needed-2807362182_04758db81a_b.jpg  

Last edited by ChrisntheGame; 21-11-2011 at 04:55 PM.
ChrisntheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
geeeoner

grr why you asking strangers what to permanently mark your skin with ??? every other post. dont do it until you , yes you , get an idea !!!
Old 21-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #4
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonboy86 View Post
Hey guys, first post on here and i'm already asking for your help :O

The image below is of a shit tattoo i got done when i was young and impressionable and now is the time for it to be covered up BUT WITH WHAT????

I love japanese style tattoos of dragons and so on but also fancy quite a bold colourful design.

can anyone suggest anything to me that will make me go WOW?!

Thanks in advance, Lee :P
In all honesty mate I'm sure you could get that covered with most styles. It's really all down to you...what style you like most, which artists work you admire, how big a tattoo you want to end up with etc etc. It's really all your own decision. My 2 pennys worth anyway.
LeeGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #5
We Are Not Worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeeoner View Post
grr why you asking strangers what to permanently mark your skin with ??? every other post. dont do it until you , yes you , get an idea !!!
I'm getting really pissed off with a tattoo chat room where people can chat about anything as long as it isnt tattoos. it is perectly normal for people to bounce ideas off each other or say 'what do you think' and the stock phrases of talk to your artist or do you're own research are becoming really unhelpful.
My only advice would be go big. I struggled with small cover ups only to expand later. Just think fuck it - what do I really want. Laser first if needed, then big impressive design
bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennett View Post
I'm getting really pissed off with a tattoo chat room where people can chat about anything as long as it isnt tattoos. it is perectly normal for people to bounce ideas off each other or say 'what do you think' and the stock phrases of talk to your artist or do you're own research are becoming really unhelpful.
My only advice would be go big. I struggled with small cover ups only to expand later. Just think fuck it - what do I really want. Laser first if needed, then big impressive design

Cheers Bennett I appreciate your input mate
burtonboy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

Default ........

Quote:
wow you really didnt think about that reply at all did you ...
so your fed up with people saying talk to your artist or do your own research which acording to you is unhelpful ok fair enuff
but then your advice is go big and for him to think about what he really wants......i was wondering what the diffrence between that and do your own research was,,,other than being worded diffrently
then he thanked you which shows how much he really does needs do his own research
he has a wank tribal and he dont like it and now hes online asking complete strangers who have never met him what sort of things will make him go wow.
if he dont know what makes him go wow then no one on here will.
even if you write big bright tattoo into google you get thousands of diffrent pics and all he has to do is find one and go WOW
then ask a sensible question like "who does cover ups like this pic i found"
or you could both sound like complete twats up to you really.
Old 22-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
Chat Slut

Quote:
I agree in terms of being able to bounce ideas of each other on here...that's one of the benefits of having forums like these. But there has to be some starting block...'Im after a realistic piece/polynesian/bio mech etc to cover up my tat' then people can throw artists names at them to go look at, post up pics to give ideas etc. Don't see the point in me saying go get a bio mech sleeve when that might not be what he wants. What I was basically saying was go find a style or artist you like first...I thought that was helpful obviously you don't.
LeeGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #9
We Are Not Worthy

OK have to admit spent day with my son in hospital, had a few beers, fired of response - probably not best.... It was basically a complaint about tone but dont think my tone was too helpful either really was it...
bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
Chat Virgin

where are you located burtonboy?
It guess it would probably be best to give you some top studios names that do asian or colour tattoos and then you could contact them and see if anyone wants to do a coverup for you.
ChrisntheGame is offline   Reply With Quote