Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
M
We Are Not Worthy

Default Front shoulder tattoo + sleeve

The thing is, I'm considering getting a rose tattooed on my left front shoulder, but I know that once I have the money and a design, I want to get a sleeve on my left arm as well, so I'm a bit unsure whether the rose will be in the way for the sleeve. I have quite a thin arm, so I don't know if my sleeve will need to be "wrapped" around my shoulder a bit (I think I'll get some kind of female face on top of the sleeve) - because if it needs to be wrapped a bit around, the rose will propably be in the way..

Also, maybe it'll look stupid colour-wise (I want a coloured sleeve and rose, but I also want the colours to match).

OK, hope all of this makes sense! I've attached a photo, so you can see the placement I'm talking about If you have any suggestions to another placement of the rose, let me know.. I'm just very hooked on the front shoulder and can't picture the tattoo anywhere else.

(The reason why I want this tattoo is in memory of my aunt who was killed a couple of months ago, so it's rather important to me)..

Last edited by M; 11-01-2012 at 04:35 PM.
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
We Are Not Worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M View Post
hooked on the front shoulder and can't picture the tattoo anywhere else
Go for it then looks nice and placement fine.

Going back to the place that did the faded feather or another artist?
bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
Rambler

Yeah, that's going to be totally fine placement and subject-wise. The main problem people have with sleeves is having stuff slap bang in the middle of them that isn't going to fit.
tb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
M
We Are Not Worthy

So you don't think it'll be in the way when I want to get the sleeve done?

And no, I don't think I'll go back to the same studio - if I do, I'll choose another artist. But I think I might get it done in London If I find the right studio.
Old 17-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
Rambler

Yeah, you'll be fine.

Can recommend Frith St. and The Family Business in London, both excellent studios.
tb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
Mumbler

From where you're lookin at putting it on your shoulder, I reckon you'd have no problems in incorporating the rose into the sleeve. If you're thinking of having a lady's face at the top of your sleeve the rose could sit in her hair and you'd never even know they were seperate designs. Sorry to hear about your aunt though.
chrismorris271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
M
We Are Not Worthy

Thank you, both of you! I'll check out the mentioned studios!
And yeah, I've thought about incorporating the rose in the face-design

And thanks, it's been a rough time. Deaths are always hard, but dealing with court and thousands of questions afterwards is even worse!
Old 17-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
Chatter Box

The placement is fine but a certain im a celebrity get me out of here contestant had the same tattoo if you were in the UK this will be picked up on by people.
http://www.fck.ee/online/wp-content/...lements-10.jpghttp://www.fck.ee/online/wp-content/...lements-10.jpg

Last edited by Graeme Jones; 17-12-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Graeme Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #9
M
We Are Not Worthy

Oh, well, I have no idea who she is and I want another coloured rose.. So it doesn't matter so much I think

But nice of you to point it out! Who is the girl?
Old 17-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #10
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Jones View Post
The placement is fine but a certain im a celebrity get me out of here contestant had the same tattoo if you were in the UK this will be picked up on by people.
http://www.fck.ee/online/wp-content/...lements-10.jpghttp://www.fck.ee/online/wp-content/...lements-10.jpg
I've never watched I'm a celebrity...can't stand that kinda telly. But is that her that did the hustle programme? Cos I think shes just made the 'if you ever get chance with a celebrity' list lol
LeeGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote