Old 07-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Tattoo studios in Staffs

Hey,

I'm pretty green when it comes to getting tattoo'd so im trying to get some info on good tattoo studios in the stoke on trent/ staffs area.

One I've seen is called Charlie's Ink in Newcastle-Under-Lyme. Was wondering if anyone has had any work done there or if there is anywhere local that does a good job?

Cheers,
acandlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
Chat Slut

Have you got an image of what you're interested in?
deafchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Chat Virgin

Hey Deafchef,

Im looking for something nautical to go on my upper arm, maybe even around my upper arm. Ive got this image
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1...sqa8o1_500.gif
Its not exactly what i want but i like the style with swallows, ropes and an anchor.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
Chat Virgin

Gary Miller in Biddulph is pretty good with stuff like that. His place is called Gary's Tattoo World or if you want to go a little further, head out to Macclesfield and go to Skin Creations and see if Rob Jones will do it. He's my artist, he's working on the koi dragon half sleeve showing in my avatar. I've got my 2nd sitting next Saturday.
Cherry_Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
Chat Virgin

Hi Cherry_Blossom. Just had a look on Skin Creations site at Rob Jones gallery and i think i might get in touch with him. Thanks alot.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
Chat Virgin

Rob does amazing work but I will warn you, he doesn't do small pieces. He might push you on to Simon, who isn't bad but he's not the artist that Rob is.

p/s...Rob is booked till October this year. When I booked for the current piece he's working on it was November last year and the earliest he could fit me in was the beginning of this month. My tat should be finished by the end of June.

Last edited by Cherry_Blossom; 09-05-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: adding more
Old 10-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
Chat Virgin

Thanks for the advice Cherry_Blossom. Do u know much about Charlie's Ink in Newcastle-Under-Lyme?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #8
Chat Virgin

never heard of them and I had a look at the gallery...I'm not an expert but I wouldn't get ink from either of the artists. It's adequate but if you look at the detail, there really isn't much. If you can't get an appointment with Rob at Skin Creations I'd try Gary at Gary's Tattoo World...but that's just my humble opinion, like I said I'm no expert but I expect a lot.
Old 21-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

www.propertattooz.com high street Tunstall, Damion is who I go to, the large purple mask on the chest is mine, not quite finished yet, the other artist I would recommend is Mark Poole at Hoodoo inc at Fenton, he is on facebook and is currently doing a big back piece for my girlfriend, Steff at New Image in Burslem is good, regarding charlies ink, there is a guy there called Roman who puts out some nice work apart from that, pay your money and take your chance in Stoke.