Old 19-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Tattoo idea?

Hi all, i'm new here

I've been thinking of a tattoo for a while, and so far this is my idea. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

So:

It would be quite long, the centre of it would be the Gladiolus flower and the stems of it would gradually change to bands (ribbon like) to the end, with little buds coming out of it.

The reason for getting this is because the flowers mean strength and integrity. I've had a lot of times where I need to be strong in my life and the ribbons I want to mean how life goes on, and they get the image of infinity. I also love the flower. It would be in black and grey.

Should it be on my lower back or down my side (from my upper rib to my hip bone)?

Here's a picture of the flower: Google Image Result for http://list-of-birthstones.com/birth%2520flowers/Pictures%2520of%2520birth%2520flowers/gladiolas.jpg

Thank you in advance
swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
DPD
Rambler

Obviously placement has to be down to you but my opinion would be on your side, especially if you wanted it quite long. Have you thought about artists? I'm sure Lianne Moule would do a great job on it.
DPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
Chat Virgin

Thank you for your quick reply, my main feeling is down my side too. I've been having a little search in my area (around London) and I've seen her name before - I'm just looking her up now. Thanks!
Old 19-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

+1 for side
peterpoose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
DPD
Rambler

No worries, let us know what you decide.
DPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #6
Chat Slut

One more side vote from me

But whyyy b&g? It would be such a lovely piece with that purple on the edges and that just a hint of pale yellow on the center.
A black and grey version wouldn't catch the uniqueness of it, IMHO!
It's like humming a song... it's nice, but no comparison for the real deal.
bamz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
Chat Virgin

Had a big think about having a colour instead and have been looking into it. You're right, I do tho kit would look better and more feminine. My original concern would be that it may take away from the message of the tattoo, but I'll probably get subtler colours and maybe the ribbons could be in black and grey? But yep, certain I'm going to go for light pink flowers now.

Thanks so much