Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Need cover up ideas

Ok so iv just registered here in desperate need of some ideas. I got a drunken flower tattood on my neck 3 years ago when i turned 18. I now regret this and really want it covered up but im struggling to find ideas. Im quite a fan of the tribal stuff but when it comes to tattoo knowledge i am a complete noob.
Im wanting a shoulder to shoulder tattoo changing the flower into some sort of centrepiece
Any ideas would be much appreciated!
Cheers

Attached Thumbnails
Need cover up ideas-tat.jpg  

Last edited by Moore606; 03-04-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Moore606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
We Are Not Worthy

Its impossible to give you ideas - as how are we supposed to know what you would like? Everyone has their own tastes, for instance I absolutely hate tribal, but I love Japanese backpieces that go from the back of the neck to the back of the knees. I hate koi carp but I love severed heads and chrysanthemums.
You need to REALLY think about what you WANT to wear for the rest of your life, as its you that will be wearing it, not us. The tattoo you have is so small and light it could be covered with almost anything of a reasonable size.
Also bear in mind that your back is the biggest canvas you have, make good use of it, you only get one chance, as it is impossible to put 2 tattoos on your back and not have it look like total dogshit.
Diezel_FW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
Chat Virgin

Thanks man, i know what you mean. I have a general idea of what i want, like covering that flower into a centre piece for a shoulder to shoulder tattoo. I just feel like i need a few ideas chucking at me because my knowledge of this stuff really is poor.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
We Are Not Worthy

Yeah thats fair enough - Its always good to get a jumping off point - you say you like tribal - I would maybe look at some more off-the-wall tribal artists, rather than the standard high street curly tribal.

Check out

Matt Black | www.divine-canvas.com | Bespoke Tattooing & Piercing | 179 Caledonian Road | London | N1 0SL | Tel: 0207 5027736

Or any of the others artists really, or the guys at

London - Into You

You might get some inspiration from some of these artists!
Diezel_FW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #5
Chat Slut

If you go for the trible it won't be long before you re-post with the same question... but then the answer will be alot more expensive and painful, than a cover up
Look at as many tattoos as you can, educate yourself more and be absolutely sure with your choise of style.
bamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
Chat Virgin

Thanks, why is everyone so against tribal!! Haha
Old 03-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore606 View Post
I had my tribal pieces done back in the late 90s, its was getting popular but it wasn't like it is is now. Back then its mostly people who were in the heavy metal/alternative scene who had them done. Artists didn't really like doing it back then cos it was dull to do.
idontlikemyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
Chat Slut

Quote:
You just have to at how many come on here looking theirs covered. Me included, i had a tribal band covered.

When I got it done I liked it, but it the more the fact that Id been tattooed for the first time, I would have liked anything I got done.

Now when I look at tribal its just so boring. Bright colours all the way for me now!
vincentvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontlikemyusername View Post
I had my tribal pieces done back in the late 90s, its was getting popular but it wasn't like it is is now. Back then its mostly people who were in the heavy metal/alternative scene who had them done. Artists didn't really like doing it back then cos it was dull to do.
It's amazing how quickly tribal filtered down the ranks from metal/alternative people, and in the space of a couple of years pretty much only chavs and the uneducated in tattoos were getting this stuff.

I have quite a lot of it still, I've had a fair bit of work around/through it, as I didn't want to remove any of it. I still like it, but whenever some chav twat comes up to me to talk tattoos, I know the next thing out of their mouth will be' I wanna tribal like that one, baht.'.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
TDK
Chat Slut

Quote:
Thanks man, i know what you mean. I have a general idea of what i want, like covering that flower into a centre piece for a shoulder to shoulder tattoo. I just feel like i need a few ideas chucking at me because my knowledge of this stuff really is poor.
You have 2 great Blackwork artists in Teesside, although both of them might want you to blast it with a session or two of laser.

Mel at Dark Circle in Boro, under the railway arches, does lovely dot and black work stuff.

Mark at Nothing Sacred in Stockton does lots of dot work, but could well be able to do something with that.
TDK is offline   Reply With Quote