Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
Rambler

Default Should i continue my laser sessions somewhere else?

Hi guys, i'm having some tribal nonsense lasered off my upper arm to make way for a half sleeve. Now im having sessions at Modern Body Art in Birmingham (very reputable place) and im 4 sessions in (5th is due on friday) with 6 weeks between sessions. My tatt had light patches before i even started so i didnt think it would take much to fade but 4 sessions in and ive seen basically nothing..

I know its a slow process but ive seen blogs where after one session there was a fairly drastic difference. Should i try somewhere different or stick with where i am?
Underdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
Chat Slut

I had 2 sessions done there on some grey ink, pretty much gone in 2 sessions. I've since had some done elsewhere closer to home on another shite tattoo and the difference was pretty big. Loads of blistering and scabbing etc, it was black ink so I don't know if the laser was 'turned up' so to speak, but the reaction was a lot more extreme too it and it went a lot quicker.

I can't imagine at MBA they don't know what they are doing, maybe just being too gentle?!
Kw86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kw86 View Post
I had 2 sessions done there on some grey ink, pretty much gone in 2 sessions. I've since had some done elsewhere closer to home on another shite tattoo and the difference was pretty big. Loads of blistering and scabbing etc, it was black ink so I don't know if the laser was 'turned up' so to speak, but the reaction was a lot more extreme too it and it went a lot quicker.

I can't imagine at MBA they don't know what they are doing, maybe just being too gentle?!
Well they said they slowly increase the intensity over the sessions, i havnt realy had a huge amount of blistering just gets a few tiny ones and itches a bit. Maybe i should just tell them to whack it up to 11 and be done with it! Can i ask where else you went for the laser? Have seen deals on groupon for another place fairly near to me but its not a tattoo studio just some skin clinic so not too sure what it would be like and how it would compare.
Old 14-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog1 View Post
Well they said they slowly increase the intensity over the sessions, i havnt realy had a huge amount of blistering just gets a few tiny ones and itches a bit. Maybe i should just tell them to whack it up to 11 and be done with it! Can i ask where else you went for the laser? Have seen deals on groupon for another place fairly near to me but its not a tattoo studio just some skin clinic so not too sure what it would be like and how it would compare.
no, do not ask the to "wack it up", they are doing it the right way, you are not supposed to get "loads of blistering and scabbing etc".
It would be an extremely irresponsible thing for you to do, and if the studio is at all professional they would refuse to laser you.
Everyone reacts differently and every tattoo is applied differently, so no two tattoos fade in the same way. be patient, give it time, and follow aftercare.

as a laser technician in a tattoo studio, I would not recommend going to a skin clinic, but that is your dcision, ultimately.
softpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
Chat Slut

Yeah I'm no expert so I hope I'm not giving the impression that I'm all clued up. From what I've gathered the post above is correct and 'turning it up' does not necessarily mean it fades quicker, or is best for the tattoo. I just meant maybe its more intense on my other piece because its more 'solid' ink than a bit of light grey and that's why I had a more intense reaction??

I wouldn't bother going to a clinic, again from what I've researched your HEAPS better at a tattoo studio, especially if you intend to go for a cover up.

I wouldn't for a minute doubt what MBA are doing, maybe just ask them about how the full treatment works, they may have not explained fully the process of lasering your tattoo.

I've been getting lasered at Maneki Neko in Northwich, its a lot closer to home for me than MBA!
Old 14-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
Rambler

well im aware it needs to be done gradually, its just im not sure why mine has only faded a tiny bi in 4 sessions. Does it tend to happen suddenly after one session or something?

This is the deal i've seen on wowcher

Wowcher | Deal - Refresh Tattoo Removal/59 for 3 sessions of laser tattoo removal on a 2"x2" area, or 99 for a 4"x4" area at Refresh Tattoo Removal, Birmingham - save up to 56%

at a place called refresh tattoo removal, would be 4 sessions for 99.

But if you guys think skin clinics aren't all that i'll probably just stick with MBA for a few more sessions and see what happens
Old 14-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
Chat Slut

I'd definitely stick to a tattoo shop, I think they will be able to advise on your cover up much more than someone at a clinic. I'd just have a chat with them on the next session if your concerned, they're all nice there I'm sure they won't mind :-)
Old 14-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #8
Mumbler

Smile

Just finished 6 sessions at mba after the 4th it felt like the laser had been turned up as it stung a bit more than the others and then blistered (looked like a gremlins back after water had been spilt on it) my old work was 30yrs old and has faded enough for me to go ahead with work on a sleeve. stick at it they know there stuff
hursty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
Chat Virgin

[QUOTE=hursty;691502]looked like a gremlins back after water had been spilt on it

remember not to eat after midnight then!
softpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #10
Chat Slut

A lot of people think a few sessions of laser and its gone, doesnt work like that. Everybody reacts differently to laser so just stick at it. MBA is one of the top studios in the country so I would every faith in them.
vincentvegas is offline   Reply With Quote