Old 24-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #21
Mumbler
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 31
Default

if you're even slightly worried then I would go somewhere else.
__________________
Your epitaph is yours to earn, your legacy is yours to make.
rachf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #22
Rambler
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondaric View Post
This guy is seriously off the radar... I can't find anything on him... strange considering the quality of the work...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmerc View Post
I like the second picture with the compass and bird... Is that by this Mr Anatskiy?
Mr Anatskiy Portofolio.

www.facebook.com/eugene.anatskiy.9
Anatckiy on deviantART














Quote:
Originally Posted by rachf87 View Post
if you're even slightly worried then I would go somewhere else.
I am not worried about the artists skills as I am 100% he would do a great job but I am more worried about the fact that he probably doesn't have a proper studio. It feels really risky for me to travel 2000km to find out that Mr Anatskiy does his tattoos in a basment and doesn't really follow any health and safty rules. I need few weeks to think about it and try to gain little bit more information about the artist as its bugging me.
HubertK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #23
TDK
Chat Slut
 
TDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 313
Default

I am not trying to sway you one way or another, but rules are different in different countries.

In Eire, there is no regulation, including no rules on tattooing under 18 year olds. Yet there is probably less scratcher activity and less under 18's with ink.

Nicklas Westin works from a "Private Studio" as far as I am aware, but it doesn't mean that it is not sanitary or paying attention to health risks.

When you travel to foreign countries, you have to expect that their ideas will be different. For me, I would go and have a look. If it isn't for you, for any reason, walk away. Enjoy some of those tall, blonde Ukranian ladies that Peter was talking about (if that is your thing).

The thing that is concerning me is that skin rip tattoo at the end. I am sure I have seen that before, credited to another artist. It could be wrongly credited, or I could be mistaken, but it is niggling in the back of my mind.

In general, I would say go for it. Just be aware that you have a right to pull out if it doesn't feel right.
TDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #24
TDK
Chat Slut
 
TDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 313
Default

It looks as if he might be working the Amsterdam show at the end of May. It is a well regarded show, so if he is there, his standards will match the rest of Europe, even if it is a private studio.

It is pretty cheap to get to the 'Dam, and there is plenty of fun to be had there. You could even do a day visit if you sorted flights etc out.

Could be a great opportunity to go and see him work.
TDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #25
Jedi Chat Master
 
peterpoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Posts: 8,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK View Post
I am not trying to sway you one way or another, but rules are different in different countries.

In Eire, there is no regulation, including no rules on tattooing under 18 year olds. Yet there is probably less scratcher activity and less under 18's with ink.

Nicklas Westin works from a "Private Studio" as far as I am aware, but it doesn't mean that it is not sanitary or paying attention to health risks.

When you travel to foreign countries, you have to expect that their ideas will be different. For me, I would go and have a look. If it isn't for you, for any reason, walk away. Enjoy some of those tall, blonde Ukranian ladies that Peter was talking about (if that is your thing).

The thing that is concerning me is that skin rip tattoo at the end. I am sure I have seen that before, credited to another artist. It could be wrongly credited, or I could be mistaken, but it is niggling in the back of my mind.

In general, I would say go for it. Just be aware that you have a right to pull out if it doesn't feel right.
Have to admit the same feeling as you on the skin rip tattoo. I have a strong feeling its credited to another artist but cant think now...
__________________
A map I have made of great artists around the world - http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
peterpoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #26
Rambler
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 93
Default

Thanks alot for all the very helpful replies and I still haven't given up on Mr Anatckiy. I am just confiriming if he will be attending the "amsterdam tattoo convention" as I would love to see him in person and in action before traveling 2000km.

work by ~Anatckiy on deviantART

The ripping skin tattoo has been uploaded by Anatckiy in 2011 and has received the daily deviation award. It has over 200k views on deviantart and more then 1k comments so I am 90% sure that it belongs to him. Deviantart is pretty stricted on copyrights and I am sure it would get deleted by now if it didn't belong to anatckiy.

Anatckiy also has pictures from 2 different angles uploaded on his facebook in the late 2010.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n..._2841453_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n..._3753802_n.jpg
HubertK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #27
Jedi Chat Master
 
peterpoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Posts: 8,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubertK View Post
Thanks alot for all the very helpful replies and I still haven't given up on Mr Anatckiy. I am just confiriming if he will be attending the "amsterdam tattoo convention" as I would love to see him in person and in action before traveling 2000km.

work by ~Anatckiy on deviantART

The ripping skin tattoo has been uploaded by Anatckiy in 2011 and has received the daily deviation award. It has over 200k views on deviantart and more then 1k comments so I am 90% sure that it belongs to him. Deviantart is pretty stricted on copyrights and I am sure it would get deleted by now if it didn't belong to anatckiy.

Anatckiy also has pictures from 2 different angles uploaded on his facebook in the late 2010.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n..._2841453_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n..._3753802_n.jpg
As i said it was only a feeling and I could quite easily be wrong

The studio thing is ok. Victor has his own studio which is basically a huge apartment, so I wouldn't worry about that.

just make sure of the health and safety!
__________________
A map I have made of great artists around the world - http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
peterpoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #28
Rambler
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpoose View Post
As i said it was only a feeling and I could quite easily be wrong

The studio thing is ok. Victor has his own studio which is basically a huge apartment, so I wouldn't worry about that.

just make sure of the health and safety!
I have been working hard and stalking Mr Anatckiy for past few days and have managed to find some great stuff about him.

I have managed to locate the owner of that "ripped skin tattoo" and he seems to be pretty famous heavy metal singer in Ukraine and has also been posting on Anatckiy's portfolio so things are starting to look great for me.

Name:
Dmitry Gamayunov
Owner of: ARANRUT | aggressive metal | - HOME

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
HubertK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #29
Jedi Chat Master
 
peterpoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Posts: 8,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubertK View Post
I have been working hard and stalking Mr Anatckiy for past few days and have managed to find some great stuff about him.

I have managed to locate the owner of that "ripped skin tattoo" and he seems to be pretty famous heavy metal singer in Ukraine and has also been posting on Anatckiy's portfolio so things are starting to look great for me.

Name:
Dmitry Gamayunov
Owner of: ARANRUT | aggressive metal | - HOME

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
God damn you should become a private detective lol

Awesome pictures of it healed. It is a masterpiece
__________________
A map I have made of great artists around the world - http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
peterpoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #30
Rambler
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpoose View Post
God damn you should become a private detective lol

Awesome pictures of it healed. It is a masterpiece

I am pretty proud of my detective skills if im honest. I have also found information on how many session each of his tattoo took to make. Its pretty impressive as most of the full tattos have been done in 2-3 sessions so about 9 hours.

I am starting to get so excited but I haven't even started thinking about the design of the tattoo properly yet. haha
HubertK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tattoo Reality Shows tatouage Tattoo Talk 6 01-04-2013 02:37 PM
have you decided on your tattoo design can we help??? tatouage Tattoo Talk 1 01-04-2013 02:28 AM
Ideas for my tattoo AndOpd Tattoo Talk 7 21-11-2011 07:41 PM
Statement from Jazz Fashion Publishing Ltd JazzPublishing Tattoo Talk 42 05-08-2010 02:18 PM
Tattoo price mike33 Tattoo Talk 18 21-07-2010 08:24 AM


SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.