Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum

Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/)
-   Tattoo Talk (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/tattoo-talk/)
-   -   Help with reference (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/tattoo-talk/26827-help-reference)

Darchi19 27-04-2013 08:43 PM

Help with reference

1 Attachment(s)
Ok so this isn't a issue I've had in the past ,but I'm putting together stuff to send to Jason Butcher with what I'd like for my July appointment

With my first appointment I said " what what you like "
This time I have more of a clear idea of what I want , because it finishes off my left arm .

My question is it a insult to send this stuff to a artist
I'm not interested in a copy or even a rework of these tattoos it's only to give Jason a idea of the look I want ! I've not sent it yet just wanted to ask what you guys think

LuckyMewMew 27-04-2013 08:46 PM

Personally I would think he'd appreciate knowing the direction you want to go in! I shouldn't think he would take any offence or insult from you sending over your ideas - like people always say on here, don't give the artist a concept, give them something they can work with and I think you're doing just that! :) Just my opinion though :D X

Diezel_FW 27-04-2013 08:51 PM

No way, an artist would have to be PRETTY up their own arse to get offended by you liking and wanting to reference other tattoo artists work, and Jason seems pretty down to earth!

Darchi19 27-04-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyMewMew (Post 693056)
Personally I would think he'd appreciate knowing the direction you want to go in! I shouldn't think he would take any offence or insult from you sending over your ideas - like people always say on here, don't give the artist a concept, give them something they can work with and I think you're doing just that! :) Just my opinion though :D X

No I get what you mean , I try to give as little direction as they let me :) I'm the least artistic person in the world

Aidanlewis93 27-04-2013 09:20 PM

Don't think they would get offended at all

bennett 27-04-2013 10:52 PM

Have met at least one who would never look at other tattoos as reference - only other forms of art or design...

peterpoose 28-04-2013 12:08 AM

I thought about this also.

A better way maybe to just Google beautiful women and save pics of the females you like and let him do what he wants with the profile :)

Dondaric 28-04-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennett (Post 693073)
Have met at least one who would never look at other tattoos as reference - only other forms of art or design...

this x2

Darchi19 28-04-2013 07:45 AM

Today I'm off out to buy some magazines that may help Peter

Aidanlewis93 28-04-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darchi19 (Post 693085)
Today I'm off out to buy some magazines that may help Peter

what magazines you buying?