Old 08-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #11
DSM
Chatter Box

i like it, but would have liked to see a face on Superman.
DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #12
Jedi Chat Master

I really like it too, like an odd cross between comic book pin up and Buena Vista/trash polka.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #13
Chat Slut

Absolutely shit.

LOL I JOKE!!!1111

Looks good, a pretty cool style going on there, not really seen anything like it before. It reminds me a bit of Ivana's work for some reason.
Kw86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #14
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK View Post
Who was the artist please?
Dane Tutty at Downunder Tattooz in Newcastle, NSW, Australia. I took him a few images of superman that i really liked, a doodle or two that I did myself and he interpreted it all and created the final design. It was done in two parts, with the image of Superman himself done first and the Daily Planet added separately.

I love it so much that I want to have it extended down to the level of my elbow so i've been working on ideas for how to do that.
maffrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:31 AM   #15
Chat Virgin

I had an addition to my arm done yesterday and thought i'd post a photo or two of it both for completeness sake and to see what folks think. Same artist as before, here in Newcastle, Oz.

Continuing with the DC heroes that i've always loved I asked him work up a Batman design and we've added it to the outside of my arm below the Superman piece. While it's definitely recognisable as being the same artist (i think anyway), it's got a bit more detail than the first one in order to shade and differentiate the cowl/costume/cape and whatnot.

It's freshly done yesterday so perhaps not the best time to be taking photos, but here goes:
Attached Thumbnails
Thoughts?-img_0655-copy.jpg   Thoughts?-img_0656-copy.jpg   Thoughts?-img_0657-copy.jpg  
Old 09-03-2014, 05:56 AM   #16
Chat Slut

Looks great man! Who's the artist?
ForensicFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:00 AM   #17
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForensicFreak View Post
Looks great man! Who's the artist?
Dane Tutty, he's at Downunder Tattooz in Charlestown. I've been really happy with both his work and service. I'm already planning another appointment to add a piece to the front of my shoulder which should balance it out a bit more.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:03 AM   #18
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by maffrew View Post
Dane Tutty, he's at Downunder Tattooz in Charlestown. I've been really happy with both his work and service. I'm already planning another appointment to add a piece to the front of my shoulder which should balance it out a bit more.
Awesome I didn't know he did stuff like this. Once you have a piece on your shoulder it will all balance really nicely
ForensicFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #19
Jedi Chat Master

It looks awesome. The superman one is like graffiti sprayed on you and bats has a more comicsy look to it. They stick together like butter and bread, cool stuff, always stoked to see a DC or a Marvel tattoos!
bamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #20
Jedi Chat Master

That is sick!! Now you have the batman with a face though I think superman might look good with a face too
Chickabiddybex is offline   Reply With Quote