Old 02-03-2018, 04:14 PM   #191
Jedi Chat Master
 
DGreenwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly123 View Post
See I don't agree with this, Dan is an incredible artist and full of valuable knowledge that serves us all well. It's lovely to have that on the forum.

But seriously, he's a human, like the rest of us. I personally don't think there is any reason to crawl up peoples backsides.
I'm not sure what I said that you are disagreeing with. I certainly agree with everything you wrote so I'm having a hard time seeing how any of it is a counterpoint to anything in my post.

My point was just that he knows what he is talking about because he does this at a very high level for a living. The rest of us who post regularly on this forum and give advice are not nearly as qualified as Dan (Nigel excepted). I've often wondered if artists lurk on this forum and think these "experts" don't know nearly as much as they think they do.
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:37 PM   #192
We Are Not Worthy
 
Lolly123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
I'm not sure what I said that you are disagreeing with. I certainly agree with everything you wrote so I'm having a hard time seeing how any of it is a counterpoint to anything in my post.

My point was just that he knows what he is talking about because he does this at a very high level for a living. The rest of us who post regularly on this forum and give advice are not nearly as qualified as Dan (Nigel excepted). I've often wondered if artists lurk on this forum and think these "experts" don't know nearly as much as they think they do.
I probably shouldn't have written that I disagree with you, I thought we had different stances on the matter, but it appears we do not. What I meant is that it would be a shame for opinions not to flow freely because we have the professionals on board, even if we happen to disagree with them on certain aspects.

Like everyone on here, I have huge respect for the industry and the artists, I couldn't do what they do and I would never pretend to understand the technical aspects of tattooing because I have little clue about tattooing from that perspective. I just don't want to see an us and them divide and i think our opinions (including everyones on here) are just as valid because client's also make the industry what it is.
Lolly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #193
Jedi Chat Master
 
tdhine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly123 View Post
I'm not even sure what you mean by 'tell my story', it's hardly a story is it. It's a comment on a discussion forum as I was reminded of it when seeing other comments about Sam's healed work and it made me think back to what I remember her for, and that wasn't her work but for her response which stuck in my mind. To me, imo, that matters for me from a potential customers standpoint. I'm not advocating that people should not have respect for her and contrary to what you may believe, I have no issue in people stating their opinions, if I did I wouldn't post. It just wasn't -my- cup of tea. (full disclosure, I edited that part because it came across as aggressive)

Dominiccjs - I actually agree with your statement, he done a good enough job of putting a nail in his own coffin by attacking the industry that he himself took a piggy back from.
Sorry I didnít mean to rile you. For sure it wasnít the greatest story ever told. I understand your viewpoint. Turning the sky blue isnít the solution for everything.
__________________
IG: tdhine
tdhine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:34 AM   #194
Jedi Chat Master
 
tdhine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 899
Default

Just saw a Sam Barber healed and hairy photo on IG. It’s the face in the broken glass.

https://instagram.com/p/Be0qy4iH96a/

Not the best photo but it looks good. This is fresh:

https://instagram.com/p/-HGIrwAEPO/
__________________
IG: tdhine
tdhine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:22 AM   #195
Jedi Chat Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhine View Post
Just saw a Sam Barber healed and hairy photo on IG. Itís the face in the broken glass.

https://instagram.com/p/Be0qy4iH96a/

Not the best photo but it looks good. This is fresh:

https://instagram.com/p/-HGIrwAEPO/
only healed photo i have of her work is that one lol
Dominiccjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:41 AM   #196
Jedi Chat Master
 
lwlssptrck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Ireland
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhine View Post
Just saw a Sam Barber healed and hairy photo on IG. Itís the face in the broken glass.

https://instagram.com/p/Be0qy4iH96a/

Not the best photo but it looks good. This is fresh:

https://instagram.com/p/-HGIrwAEPO/
Looks good, probably scrubs up well
__________________
Instagram: lwlssptrck
lwlssptrck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:02 AM   #197
Rambler
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
I'm not sure what I said that you are disagreeing with. I certainly agree with everything you wrote so I'm having a hard time seeing how any of it is a counterpoint to anything in my post.

My point was just that he knows what he is talking about because he does this at a very high level for a living. The rest of us who post regularly on this forum and give advice are not nearly as qualified as Dan (Nigel excepted). I've often wondered if artists lurk on this forum and think these "experts" don't know nearly as much as they think they do.
Think the reason I like to read this forum is cause you guys are educated and know what youíre talking about, but as clients you also have a perspective of the tattoo industry that Iím generally not privy to. Maybe the extra perspective will make me a better tattooer in how I deal with my clients, maybe not. Itís cool though.
DanMolloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 05:32 PM   #198
Jedi Chat Master
 
ThrobbingSausage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5,135
Default

Came across this picture of a healed Arlo piece

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgVH8CKAJPs/
__________________
instagram: jookiest

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 09:22 PM   #199
We Are Not Worthy
 
Lolly123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobbingSausage View Post
Came across this picture of a healed Arlo piece

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgVH8CKAJPs/
I'm quite impressed by that. It's a really nice piece.
Lolly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 05:51 AM   #200
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7
Default

My Curtis Burgess chest piece done in one shot. 3-4 months healed. Lighting's a bit weird.
Attached Thumbnails
Fresh v healed-img_20171221_235445_030.jpg   Fresh v healed-img_20180316_104403.jpg  
wiitle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annoyed how my tat has healed LJbrowny Tattoo Talk 22 04-06-2013 01:19 AM
Fresh and Healed! MaksTattoo Tattoo Talk 0 29-05-2013 09:16 AM
Fully Healed Tattoo? Mitze90 Tattoo Talk 6 12-04-2013 12:31 PM
Itchy healed tattoo V Tattoo Talk 12 10-06-2012 05:36 PM
Healed pics from London? phil_kyle Chit Chat 116 05-12-2006 12:29 AM


SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.