Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #11
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy View Post
come on peeps get posting! we all have different methods that work for us so lets tell the peeps how we heal em, good and bad.
lol you dont really want me to post the bad one I did do you lol?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #12
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpoose View Post
lol you dont really want me to post the bad one I did do you lol?
post what you like dooder it all helps tell the kids what to do and not to do
easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #13
Jedi Chat Master

So coming up to 2 months after my last tattoo, i thought i would show how its healed. Shit picture as it was last night on me phone, but you can see its healed perfectly without any colour loss and has settled down nicely There has not been any enhancing of the photo or colour changing in any way, it is what it is, A good heal every time!

Ive got a session with Kamil tomorrow and will show the heal
Old 05-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #14
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpoose View Post
This is my process,

1. Leave the cling film on for a couple of hours after getting the tattoo

2. Remove the cling film and wash gently with Luke warm water and pat dry

3. Apply thin layer of Bep

4. Repeat a few times a day until tattoo is starting to peel, usually 3 to 4 days

5. Switch to a moisturiser

This is exactly what I do as well.
chr1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #15
Jedi Chat Master

Ive done the wrapped method with bep and it worked really well. Incidentally I wash with johnsons sensitive unscented baby wipes (very gently) and they work a treat. Also I warm the bep tube up to make it easier to apply in a thin layer. After a few days I switched to Rocco's Old School. This method works well with no flaking or scabbing.

For my latest tattoo I used rocco's old school instead of bep from day 1. I've had some scabbing with this which I haven't had with Bep.

In future I'm sticking to bep for about 3 days then switching to Rocco's as it smells lovely and is organic natural ingredients, I just wouldn't use that alone from day 1.
PulpB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #16
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy View Post
Totally agree, a quality diet is essential to help out with the healing of a new wound. I find a nice meal after i have had a long session prevents any crash of adrenalin etc and helps you ten fold
i think this is so true . my last tattoo i had away from home used the same healing routine that you posted easy and follow ever time. but ate shit from mc d breakfast ,lunch and dinner and a little midnight munchin for the weekend very little sleep and it healed the slowest of all and most times im back to work the day after a days tattooing i had two days to relax after the last one. but what a weekend
farmer fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #17
Chatter Box

So here's my tattoo straight after and a couple of weeks after. the smudge on its chin? Don't worry, that faded off. I like to think it healed well other than that. Colours, blacks and lines all look good to me anyway. Sorry the after pic is a bit blurry and worse lighting than the first, which is in shop lighting..

Anyway, before my tattoo I made sure to eat proper meals, lots of protein, and 20 minutes before I ate a banana (good for steady control of the blood to insure no spikes during and calms nerves!). No painkiller as I hear that thins the blood, which is annoying and I guess when it wears off you'll be in more pain anyways as your body comes to. Just let adrenalin do its thing, take in a bottle of water with you to keep hydrated.

Aftercare for me is very standard. Keep the covering on for at least an hour, then take it off and rinse it with lukewarm water and non-scented, really mild soap to get all the blood, goo and excess ink off. pat dry, let it air for a little while then thin layer of bepanthen, which I continue to apply thinly 4 times a day until the first peel.

Obviously no picking. Lots of loose clothing too. Oh, I go to the gym 6 times a week, proper weight work and cardio, but I take the days until the first peel off. I find its uncomfortable to put pressure on the area anyway, plus I dont want to upset the scab or get sweat in it. I know some people to do still go, but Id rather have a lazy week and have a happy tattoo for a lifetime.

I also made sure my showers were slightly cooler and shorter than normal, and try not to let it get overly wet, just letting water run down to it.

After the last scab of the first pee drops off, move to cocoa butter (Palmers Fragrance free one), and apply once or twice a day. Only needs doing for a month i guess but I like moisturising anyway so its a routine that sticks for me. i think it helps keep it vibrant!

I like to think it was the good aftercare not just my super pale skin that kept the tat looking good!

Oh, the only bad thing I did was over-apply bepanthen at first?
beth_face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #18
Jedi Chat Master

Just bringing this back to the top of the pile as we need people to see it and also if anyone has any method using Saniderm, i am interested in seeing experiences techniques etc.

I will be using the product for my next tattoo but you will have to wait until spetember probably to see this!

Anyway this is the product Tattoo Aftercare - Saniderm
Old 16-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #19
Mumbler

I'm glad this thread was revived, because I've been having issues with healing sensitive areas (inner arms, chest, etc), and I'm curious to know if anyone has any advice about those areas.
DoubleTubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2014, 02:30 PM   #20
Chat Slut

I will be using the Tegaderm (from ebay) method on my next session and will let you all know how it goes...

D
DamianL is offline   Reply With Quote