Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #21
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianL View Post
I will be using the Tegaderm (from ebay) method on my next session and will let you all know how it goes...

D
cheers dooder
easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #22
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTubbs View Post
I'm glad this thread was revived, because I've been having issues with healing sensitive areas (inner arms, chest, etc), and I'm curious to know if anyone has any advice about those areas.
Just follow the wrapping as stated, i have had all of those areas tattooed and healed perfect using bep and cling film.
Old 16-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #23
Chatter Box

Send a message via Yahoo to junior1

[QUOTE=easy;717081]
16. Dont go out on the piss the night after as this will have the same effect and will thin blood etc and i believe may effect your tattoo causing it to leak more than normal. Why risk it? its only one night.

Thank you for the rounded tips, they are very helpful.

But pardon me for asking, for the best healing how long is the no alcohol period? say the tattoo finished on Monday night is it ok to have a pint on Wednesday night or its better to wait until Friday night (after the tattoo dries)

Also do you wrap the tattoo with cling film after 3 days when you go to work or just leave it touching your inner long sleeve shirt?

Thank you very much
junior1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #24
Chat Slut

[QUOTE=junior1;720682]
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy View Post
16. Dont go out on the piss the night after as this will have the same effect and will thin blood etc and i believe may effect your tattoo causing it to leak more than normal. Why risk it? its only one night.

Thank you for the rounded tips, they are very helpful.

But pardon me for asking, for the best healing how long is the no alcohol period? say the tattoo finished on Monday night is it ok to have a pint on Wednesday night or its better to wait until Friday night (after the tattoo dries)

Also do you wrap the tattoo with cling film after 3 days when you go to work or just leave it touching your inner long sleeve shirt?

Thank you very much
You can have a pint a few hours after,, just dont get smashed
Old 16-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #25
Chatter Box

Thanks mate, how about the cling film or not after 3 days?
should you leave it touching your shirt at work?

anyone else with experience?
Old 16-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #26
Jedi Chat Master

Remember any booze thins the blood and will lead to excess leakage, do you desperately need drink that much that you cant wait for a day or 2? savour that cold pint a load more when its healed.

I would keep wrapping and applying bep until you have had your first peal which is normally about 3 days ish later. You can still wrap to stop getting bep on your clothes but it will need taking off when out of the shirt or you will get a heat rash start to form. Obviously if its just a small tattoo, cut a piece to fit and place it over it and this stopds the mess, but allows breathing etc.

I am looking forward to trying the saniderm stuff as it may work better, but i have zero experience with this.
Old 16-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #27
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy View Post
Remember any booze thins the blood and will lead to excess leakage, do you desperately need drink that much that you cant wait for a day or 2? savour that cold pint a load more when its healed.

I would keep wrapping and applying bep until you have had your first peal which is normally about 3 days ish later. You can still wrap to stop getting bep on your clothes but it will need taking off when out of the shirt or you will get a heat rash start to form. Obviously if its just a small tattoo, cut a piece to fit and place it over it and this stopds the mess, but allows breathing etc.

I am looking forward to trying the saniderm stuff as it may work better, but i have zero experience with this.
Thank you

Thats what i thought (for the booze and wrapping thing)
I believe it would be half the upper arm piece and what sort of wrapping (after the 3 day cling film stage) is best to allow the tattoo to "breathe"?

Thank you again..
Old 27-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #28
Jedi Chat Master

I usually gently wash, bep and cover in clingfilm for the first few days.
I try and leave it uncovered (with bep on) in the evenings but wrap again at night and when wearing clothes over it.
I don't tend to scab so only switch to moisturiser (cocoa butter) once it looks healed and isn't tender.

This time's a bit different though.
Had my left sleeve completed (plus the healed bits reworked) on Wednesday. The artist gave me some Rowsell A & D ointment which goes on much easier than bep - I loved it but unfortunately it ran out after a couple of days so switched to bep late on Friday night.
This time I've got a bit of scabbing on part of my arm (mostly on my lotus flower) and am finding putting bep on is pulling bits of the scab off (even when warmed first) so will switch to moisturiser now.
Not keen on the cocoa butter as it seems to encourage spots for me (and this time I already have quite a few come up on the arm) so will try some unscented Nivea.

As others have said, people (including myself!) tend to overthink it. I think that as long as you keep it clean and love it like it's your newly born baby all will be fine!
All my stuff so far has healed perfectly (thank god!).

Only other thing I'd say is thanks to everyone on this forum. I did worry about aftercare loads after my first couple of tattoos but this forum really helped to give me peace of mind. None of my mates are tattoo'd so the advice and experiences of people on here was invaluable.
Fuck knows how people managed before the internet!
Aiken Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #29
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiken Drum View Post
I usually gently wash, bep and cover in clingfilm for the first few days.
I try and leave it uncovered (with bep on) in the evenings but wrap again at night and when wearing clothes over it.
I don't tend to scab so only switch to moisturiser (cocoa butter) once it looks healed and isn't tender.

This time's a bit different though.
Had my left sleeve completed (plus the healed bits reworked) on Wednesday. The artist gave me some Rowsell A & D ointment which goes on much easier than bep - I loved it but unfortunately it ran out after a couple of days so switched to bep late on Friday night.
This time I've got a bit of scabbing on part of my arm (mostly on my lotus flower) and am finding putting bep on is pulling bits of the scab off (even when warmed first) so will switch to moisturiser now.
Not keen on the cocoa butter as it seems to encourage spots for me (and this time I already have quite a few come up on the arm) so will try some unscented Nivea.

As others have said, people (including myself!) tend to overthink it. I think that as long as you keep it clean and love it like it's your newly born baby all will be fine!
All my stuff so far has healed perfectly (thank god!).

Only other thing I'd say is thanks to everyone on this forum. I did worry about aftercare loads after my first couple of tattoos but this forum really helped to give me peace of mind. None of my mates are tattoo'd so the advice and experiences of people on here was invaluable.
Fuck knows how people managed before the internet!
Its a handy source of info thats for sure, i take advise of people who have hours of experience and will only reccomend stuff i have tried and tested myself. Its not all black and white, but by following a few simple steps over a few days you will come pout with the perfectly healed tattoo.
Old 30-04-2014, 12:04 AM   #30
Chat Virgin

I had my most recent tattoo done on Saturday, its a Mehndi shoulder cap piece, took 4 1/2 hours & was no problem at all

I am wondering how long to keep the cling film on for... The tape is really annoying me & my skin... I used some Tegaderm I pinched from work the other night today - only took 2 sheets as we didn't have much left unfortunately...

What is the Tegaderm method out of interest?

Think I may have started my first peel yesterday

Kx
Ginger1880 is offline   Reply With Quote